“Fabulous place in the Val d'Orcia !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pietramonti Estate & Country House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pienza
Pietramonti Estate & Country House
You added Pietramonti Estate & Country House to your Saves list
Strada Comunale del Borghetto, 53026 Pienza, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 28 Pienza B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Fabulous place in the Val d'Orcia !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Pietramonti Estate was a fabulous place to stay at and use as a home base to discover the Val d'Orcia where the most typical sceneries of the Tuscan countryside can be found. The house was just recently fully renovated from the old farm that used to stand there. The interior decoration of the house is just awesome, managing to be highly elegant and to make you feel very cozy at the same time. The bedrooms are very large with stylish beds and plush cushions. Breakfast in the morning facing the ornamental garden was a real treat ! And getting into the jacuzzi on a late summer night is a truly cosmic experience.
Peter and Charles are very endearing hosts who make you feel instantly part of the place. Special mention for Harold & Maud ! They (Peter and Charles !) know all about what to do in the area and were always available to give you tips that no guide book will ever give you. The house is great as a starting point for walks in the countryside. Montepulciano, Pienza and Montalcino are all easily accessible by car as well as Sienna, the Chianti region and Florence on a day trip. Let's just hope that the place does not become so popular that booking can only be done months in advance !!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Massillon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at Pietramonti Estate for 5 days during a 3 week trip through Italy and Paris.It was the highlight of our trip.The property,the amenities,the views, the food, the hospitality, and the hosts were ABSOLUTELY PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL! Charles and Peter made us feel like friends from our first email to our reluctant final farewell.They provided us with invaluable information and suggestions for our time in Tuscany and remainder of our trip.We came as guests and left as friends.If you are looking for a place to experience Tuscany look no further than Pietramonti Estate and Charles and Peter.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Firstly, I must say that I never write reviews of anywhere I stay. To be honest i am probably just too lazy! However, it seems to me that there are times in your life, although they are extremely rare, when everything just seems to 'click'. My visit to Pietramonti was one such time. From my initial email contact with Charles I knew that I was in safe hands; so much helpful information and planning regarding restaurants, local 'must see' places, cooking courses, cheese and wine tours, a complete insiders guide! However, nothing prepared me for the sight that greeted me on the approach to the Pietramonti estate. I am lucky to have travelled quite extensively throughout the world and I have seen some incredibly beautiful places but my first view of Pietramonti sitting astride its own hillside in the most impossibly perfect Tuscan scenery you could ever imagine is a sight that will remain in my memory forever. No photo could ever do a sight like this justice it is something you simply have to experience. Architectually the magnificent villa is perfection with its honey coloured stone, its beautiful loggia all sat beneath a sun-drenched terracota roof. The lavander gardens, the cypress garden, the travertine plunge pool overlooking the vineyard and olive groves all in a stunning Tuscan setting. I woke up in my beautiful bedroom (the bathroom is spectacular) and I opened the wooden window shutters every morning and all I could do was laugh....the view..impossible, unreal, completely unequalled!! But, what really made this one of the best holidays I have ever had was the hosts. Peter and Charles have a real gift; they not only make you feel incredibly welcome and special but much more than that they genuinely treat you like they are getting enormous enjoyment from spending their valuable time with you and sharing their uniquely beatiful home with you. All I can say is a huge heartfelt thankyou..Pietramonti is a special place and you are very special people. I will be back!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I spent a week at the Pietramonti Estate in early November and had a wonderful time. I travel to Tuscany quite regularly and love to try new places. Pietramonti opened in 2013 so everything is wonderful and Peter & Charles do everything they can to make sure your stay with them is a memorable one. Their knowledge of the area is unsurpassed and they have done everything they recommend so you know you are in good hands.

The breakfasts are amongst the best I have had in Europe, let alone Italy. The decor of the place is traditional tuscan luxury and the bed I had was extremely comfortable and perfect in every way. However, the things that makes this B&B stand out is the Estate, everything is perfect, from the landscape and views around, the ease of parking the car, the rooms are spacious and uber comfortable and the decorations are wonderfully luxurious, the bathroom made me feel like I was living in a spa, the list of things to do each day, provided by Peter & Charles get you into the area immediately. It is dreamy beautiful place - a one off! The spa pool is unique and very special (I didnt use it as it was November) but I want and will come back so I will leave that to another time.

Thank you Peter and Charles - this is now my only place to stay in Tuscany!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The Pietramonti Estate came recommended by some friends who spent part of their honeymoon there. They loved it and we did too. We were on a tour of Tuscany and decided to spend a part of it at Pietramonti - we are so glad we did.

From the Villa, to the Hosts, Peter & Charles, the views, the rooms, the gardens, the Estate, the breakfast, the recommended restaurants, the tips on what to do each day - everything was just perfect. They do everything possible to make sure you have a fantastic time in Tuscany.

We arrived late in the evening, tired and hot, but after the most fantastic shower Peter had booked us into a local restaurant where we had the best meal of our lives! We even went back another night.

Our 4 night stay was just not long enough so most definitely we will be back. Therefore the Pietramonti Estate get 5 stars from us! Highly recommended.

P&S

Bracebridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

When planning our trip to Italy it was by chance that we came upon the Pietramonti Estate. While being a little leery about booking over the internet it was the best decision we ever made. After a few emails back and forth with Charles, we were booked and ready to go. Upon the drive down the Tuscan roads we could see a beautiful stone home overlooking the best views in the country. I was so hoping that it was The Pietramonti Estate we could see in the distance. As luck would have it - it was! We drove in the driveway and that's where we fell in love from start to finish. It was by far the highlight of our whole trip to Italy! Charles and Peter were the perfect hosts finding us the best places to see and eat. The accommodations were superb and spotless! Stayed 4 nights instead of 3 because we did not want to leave!! We will be back! Thank you Charles and Peter, you made us feel like we were friends of the family!!
Rob & Marilyn Wrightman

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

When you find a real gem you want to sing out loud. This is how we felt when we first approached the Pietramonti Estate. It is perched on the side of a mountain and seems to defy gravity. The scenery is unreal around the property and classically Tuscan. We saw no where else in Tuscany with views like theirs. Simply the best!!

The bedrooms are all furnished to a luxury level with great Tuscan complimentary toiletries, We were lucky enough to be shown round them all and they are all spacious and again have those tremendous views. The beds are super comfortable with great linens and the bathrooms are better than mine at home (and thats saying something)! There are walk in showers which would compliment most 5 star hotel bathrooms!!

Most of all, Peter & Charles are just the most perfect hosts. Their knowledge of the area is outstanding and they know just what to go and see and do. They entertain you with their quest for the country life over the most delicious breakfast and again when it is complimentary Prosecco time.

All in all, we had a wonderful time staying at the Pietramonti Estate and thoroughly recommend it but it is true, the Pietramonti Estate is so much more than a B&B - Totally Fantastic and a real treat! We will be back next summer!

Room Tip: You cant get a bad one because they dont have bad rooms!!