A beautifully restored villa in this beautiful and tiny (and very old) hill-top village that manages to live up to its rather ambitious website description - very relaxing and high quality, where everyone is treated as though they are an old friend. Ouzmane and Linda are the perfect hosts, greeting you with a glass of wine on arrival and sharing a joke or 3.
From a tourist's perspective, it's brilliantly positioned and within easy access to many of the local towns, vineyards and olive groves.
The restaurant is high quality and reasonable value, although the menu didn't change in the 4 days we stayed there, which was mildly disappointing. Also, there are no loungers anywhere to enjoy an afternoon nap in the sunshine, just 'bistro' style chairs with small dining tables outside.
Also, it's a short, but very steep climb from the car park to the hotel, so it may not be suitable for people who aren't as mobile as they may once have been.
Overall, a fabulous 'home' with perfect hosts - we will be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palazzo Brandano's beautiful suites, spacious rooms and charming apartments are all luxuriously and comfortably furnished with handcrafted frescos by famous Italian Renaissance artists. Each air-conditioned accommodation boasts a flat screen satellite television, DVD player, HIFI stereo equipment, mini bar, safety deposit box and internet access. Bathrooms are equipped with either luxury massage showers or Jacuzzi bath tubs. Il Brandano restaurant with its stunning terrace serves modern Tuscan cuisine and an extensive selection of wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Palazzo Brandano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Brandano Petroio, Italy - Tuscany
- Palazzo Brandano Hotel Petroio