It deserves one of the highest ratings in Tuscany for several reasons. First, the setting -- a ancient estate in a small hill village -- is comfortable, charming, romantic, and off-the-beaten-path.Second, Ousmane, a host with years of experience in luxury hotels is the epitome of high service. He arranged a wine tasting and dinners at charming restaurants and made excellent suggestions on how to spend our day. Finally, the kitchen has an outstanding chef who makes local, but elegant dishes, which pair with a good wine selection. It is good to dine here at least one night, then explore some nearby restaurants.
If you have a rental car, the location an ideal base for exploring Tuscan hill towns, countryside, abbeys, and wineries. And a word about parking -- do not follow your GPS to the mailing address unless you have a very small car that can squeze through narrow, 800-year-old streets. Instead, drive just west of the main village on SP71 until you see a blue P sign at the base of a short dirt road. It leads to a free lot just below the hotel, which is labeled on the side.
We traveled here with my 79-year-old mother and 14-year-old daughter, and both were delighted by the setting, the food, and Ousmane. This was one of the most charming places we have stayed, and the service was the best we have experienced anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palazzo Brandano's beautiful suites, spacious rooms and charming apartments are all luxuriously and comfortably furnished with handcrafted frescos by famous Italian Renaissance artists. Each air-conditioned accommodation boasts a flat screen satellite television, DVD player, HIFI stereo equipment, mini bar, safety deposit box and internet access. Bathrooms are equipped with either luxury massage showers or Jacuzzi bath tubs. Il Brandano restaurant with its stunning terrace serves modern Tuscan cuisine and an extensive selection of wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Palazzo Brandano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Brandano Petroio, Italy - Tuscany
- Palazzo Brandano Hotel Petroio