“A beautiful vacation in the Tuscan countryside!!” 5 of 5 stars

Agriturismo Podere dellAnselmo
Via Panfi 12, Loc. Anselmo | Montespertoli, 50025 Montespertoli, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Montespertoli B&B and Inns
Stoneham, MA
“A beautiful vacation in the Tuscan countryside!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I absolutely loved my stay at Podere Dell'Anselmo in Montespertoli, Italy. I spent a week at this beautiful villa just outside Florence!! I was traveling alone but never felt lonely or alone. Fabrizio, Giulia and everyone there could not do enough for me. I was not feeling well the first 2 days and they cooked plain pasta and soup especially for me. I chose to eat dinner at the villa, and all of the guests sat together with owner Fabrizio and had dinner like one big happy family. Which is exactly how I felt..Each night was filled with delicious food, wine from their vineyard and great conversation. I took three cooking classes with Chef Laura. We cooked many delicious recipes and had lots of fun. The accomodations were beautiful and as a woman traveling alone, I felt very comfortable. My tours of Pisa, Luca, San Gimignano & Voltera were amazing. My driver Giovanni was also very good. His passion for his country was wonderful and he supplied me with many interesting facts about each city. He even helped me with my Italian language lessons. Lauren at Cooking Vacations.com recommended this "Tuscan Traveler's Dream" vacation for me and it was perfect..5 star. Very highly recommended. Thank you to Lauren and Podere Dell'Anselmo for a very memorable vacation!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

If you want to stay on a genuine, working agriturismo in Tuscany, you'll enjoy Podere dell'Anselmo! This farm is just about a 25 minute drive south of Florence, out in the beautiful Tuscan countryside, surrounded by vineyard- and olive grove-covered hills.

The staff here made us feel very welcome and everyone was very friendly and hospitable! We stayed in the "Maria" apartment, which was very large and had a nice view looking out toward the pool from the terrace. The kitchen was adequate, but note that due to the fact that this a farm (with horses but a few hundred yards away), there were a lot of flies. We did manage to eat outdoors on the terrace many times, but the flies did drive us inside many more. It wasn't unbearable, so don't let it deter you, just an annoyance that shouldn't reflect poorly on this B&B at all.
We enjoyed watching the owners make wine from their own grapes, and we were excited to bring home a couple bottles each of their wine and olive oil. They do have a restaurant on site if you don't want to cook for yourself your whole stay.
We enjoyed walking around the area, going horseback riding and visiting some of the other Tuscan towns. Overall a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Took the kids there for a morning horse ride, arranged at the last minute very amenably, with transfer to and from our hotel nearby. Beautiful setting. The hotelier, Fabrizio, was happy to organize a "light" lunch to follow the riding. It was far more than a little antipasto, though: the usual meats, bread and cheese followed by a sublime pasta with wild boar ragu. With our lunch and riding hosts joining us around the dining table on the terrace to talk about wine, food, local and international life, it was a wonderfully casual and comfortable meal. World class hospitality in a marvelous setting.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Basingstoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We visited Podere dell'Anselmo in August last year and it was absolutely beautiful! The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful... and gave us advice on visiting different places in Tuscany. We had the most incredible room (separate from the house) with amazing views. We got to join in the celebrations for Fabrizio's daughters birthday... which was lovely. We also did the horse riding and cooking class which were both great. We had an Italian cooking teacher and a translator... In the evenings when we didn't eat out, we ate with the other guests and Fabrizio... an incredible 5 course meal with wine tasting included... for a brilliant price... you could't get this anywhere else... Fabrizio explained the different wines we tried - all made there, which you could buy for a discounted price. There is also a pool with the most incredible views... it was a bit too cold to swim when we were there, but we did lie by the pool in the sun one day and it was so peaceful. I love this place and think about it regularly... we definitely want to go back one day and try and take some people with us so that they can experience what we did too...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Greenville SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

From the check-in to the check-out the family of staff was all smiles. After our week at Podere dell'Anselmo we were sad to leave the charm and warmth of the magnificent estate. Fabrizio was the best host I have ever encountered in all of my travels. The food was delicious and ever-plentiful. The chianti was estate grown and plum-good. If I ever return to Tuscany, Podere dell'Anselmo will be my first stop.
There is no other way I would have liked to spend my honeymoon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

We were twice at Podere dell'Anselmo - in September 2007 and September 2008. Despite of not being able to meet the one-year-back criteria for review, want to share my experience.
We came to travel around Tuscany to see -on our own eyes- the cultural sights from the "musts" we have read about to the unknown villages with real gems in their small churches. That is why we did not make use much of the capabilities of the podere available except the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen for self-catered breakfast ;-)
(Since that time we visited Tuscany once more and Umbria as well).
At Podere dell'Anselmo we were completely satisfied with the facility itself and with Fabrizio's hospitality.
Tips:
don't miss the traditional local Italian dinner (once or twice a week)
don't miss Fabrizio's local Chianti and grapa
Tip for visiting Firenze:
leave your car at Galuzzo, (for example at via Volterana), buy a bus ticket (at newspaper shop) for appr 1,1€ and get off where needed - the bus comes from south, passes Bobolil Gardens, Ognisanti, Santa Maria Novella. You will save nerves and money for parking.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
San Juan Capistrano, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I spent 8 days at this beautiful Villa overlooking the vineyards, with views of the italian cypresses that are such a integral part of Tuscany countryside. We came to Tuscany as part of a 2 week 10th anniversary trip and found this Podere through Cooking Vacations which is out of Positano and Boston, MA. While we expected the cooking classes to be a highlight, which they definitely were, we were wonderfully surprised by the feeling of being part of the Forconi family. Our accomodations were in the salmon colored building separate from the main Villa. We had a beautiful view out the front windows of the rolling hills of this region and, out the back small french doors, of the olive grove and the beautiful horses. We were always greeted in the morning down in the main dining room with a smile, a great cup of coffee and typical Italian breakfast of cheeses, meets, biscotti and, sometimes, some of what we baked the day before. This Podere is central to Florence, Siena and San Gimiagno. This is the place to be if you really want to relax and enjoy a feeling of old friends. Fabrizio joined the guests each night at dinner to not only be a translator, if necessary, but to allow us to taste the delicious wines from his vineyard. He is a wealth of knowledge. So, if you're looking for luxury go to the Ritz. If you want a true feel of Italy, visit the Podere dell'Anselmo. Bring your jeans and riding boots and enjoy the countryside on one of the horses. The trainers would be glad to take you out. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: There is only one separate small house but all the other rooms, I think there were 10 in all, are be...