“Rustic Italian charm” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Montespertoli
Milton Keynes
“Rustic Italian charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hotel was brought to my attention by recommendation and I can see why....
My friend and I travelled by train from the airport, it was quite late, this, apparently was not a problem and subsequently was greeted at the station by a member of the team from the hotel, a personal touch always gives a good impression and so was duly looking forward to the rest of the week....
When we arrived we were shown to our rooms by one of the owners Patrizio, they were of very high quality, the decor/furniture etc....the only thing I missed was air conditioning although there were ceiling fans...
Tuscany is a gorgeous part of the world, quite rural so transport is a must.....you can hire locally so we had one of Patrizio's classics for the duration - a 70's open top mini!! it certainly turned heads and was the ideal runaround to see the Chianti region.....
In the evening we stayed at the hotel for our set meal....all the guests sat around a large table on the patio....it was a lovely idea, that way you interact with fantastic characters, we met some great people from Canada, Germany, Spain, Holland etc...I found to my amusement that the Germans do indeed have a great sense of humour.....all of the meals were fantastic, great authentic cooking in taste and quality, so much so that you couldn't wait for tomorrows menu...
The hotel has a lovely pool area to relax and gardens with loungers at the bottom overlooking the breathtaking views...
Both Patrizio and his co-owner sister Sonia made our stay so welcoming....Patrizio's wife Diana was equally welcoming and helped us in anyway she could....even their mother was working in the kitchen and on laundry duty, a real family affair and thats what appeals...
They offer Hot Air Balloon rides in Patrizio's own balloon, I was a bit apprehensive but took the plunge, and so glad I did, we set off before sunrise to a small field where we all helped to assemble to balloon...wow! what an experience, seeing the sunrise over Tuscany is a beautiful thing...something you have to do while there.
I was looking for a traditional authentic holiday for a change and thats exactly what I got...loved every minute of it...
Hotel - fantastic
Staff - fantastic
Tuscany - fantastic
I will go back again....

Room Tip: Rooms with mosquito mesh screens at the windows are recommended
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I was totally stunned.This place really worth every single dime!Surrounding is fantastic,as well as the location.Dinner in the garden was a plus.The owner was super helpful and Feiendly!Can't say enough about this place..

• Stayed September 2012
Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Me and my friend both travelled from England for a week's holiday at Villa La Cappella this August, and what a fantastic time we had.!!

We booked a very late flight from London to Italy and arrived at Pisa Airport at 10pm and after a short train ride to Empoli train station, we were greeted by a member of the Villa La Cappella team for our short pre-arranged transfer to the hotel.

At breakfast on our first morning, we were very warmly welcomed by both the Italian owners, Sonia and Patrizio Tinalli, which really made the start to our week.

There were many highlight to our trip and receiving a hot air balloon ride with Patrizio over the amazing Tuscany landscape was one of them...But what i enjoyed most were the wonderful meals each evening at the hotel, as this is when you get to meet the other guests and engage in a rich evening of conversation, of culture and if you are every lucky enough to meet the most funniest Germany man alive - Matthias Becker, then a night of pure laugher.

This hotel might not be for everyone, but if you are looking for a real, true and honestly priced Italian experience then i couldn't recommend Hotel Villa La Cappella high enough. However, if you are looking for a soulless chain hotel, then this place is not for you.

The reason i keep coming back to this hotel, and the reason i keep bringing all my friends to stay here when we visit Italy is that you always receive a 100% authentic Italian experience, everytime, guaranteed!!

Room Tip: Call the room in advance and ask them if they have any deals with the suites?
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Villa la Capella is a family run hotel in the Tuscan hills. The setting is absolutely beautiful as are the people that run the hotel. You immediately feel very welcome when your arrive and nothing is too much trouble. The evening meal was very tasty and was set in the garden which was nicely lit, for breakfast in the morning there was a good selection of cheese, meats, cereals, fruits etc
Overall we had a lovely stay and I would definitely return !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Bochum, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Now that we are at home I look very satisfied at our last days in the Villa.
The owner did a great job in organizing special classic car tours that everything was carefully prepaired.
Not only that we saw a whole lot of things in the Toscany we also felt very comfortable and fully integrated in the family Tinella like old friends.

We really regret our holidays are over but for sure we will come back in the next future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

My partner and I arrived at this hotel as part of a pre booked group of 20 Harley Davidson motorcycles with 30 riders and pillions. I have been prompted to write this review having seen a full page advert for this hotel in Hog Magazine June 2012. I would encourage all prospective clients to read the reviews on this site and make their own minds up as to whether this hotel really does match up to their expectations.
We had had a difficult and tiring days riding arriving later than expected to the hotel. Our Italian hotelier decided it was best to keep the majority waiting, patiently, by insisting he show everyone personally to their rooms. We decided we could numb this pain by requesting a beer in his bar whilst patiently waiting. No staff. Okay. His loss considering the prices.  An hour and a half after our  first arriving on mass as expected,  he dutifully showed me and my partner to our room, through the undergrowth, and around the back  of an out building, avoiding the overgrown unkempt shrubs and down the steps, past the stagnant swimming pool busily breeding mozzies by the hundreds, and to our expected smaller room. Maybe the gardener was on holiday? The hotel was overbooked and we had agreed to take a smaller room. It was cold,  with little daylight, but  puffed up with a fancy array of folded towels and bath robes on the"put u up"  camp bed which bounced across the floor as soon as you sat on it. The ceiling was delightfully painted but the single long life bulb srrounded by plastic flowers in place of a lamp shade was somewhat out of place! The bathroom was tiny, a cupboard... When sat on the loo it was best to whistle to warn passing pedestrians who may decide to peer in at you through the window, of your presence, and the shower......the water was stone cold and since the whole room flooded when the shower was used it seemed a possible deliberate attempt to save on hot water. What hot water?
I tried ringing reception to enquire about this,  only to be told by an extreemly abrupt german woman,  who subsequently turned out to  be the italian owners wife  that since we had arrived on mass we had used it all. When I gave the room number on my key I was abruptly told there was no such room 4 and that we were in 8. The italian would come asap.. He didnt, we waited and waited but then decided we needed dinner more than a shower, so sprayed copious quantities of Chanel in hope of disguising worse. Big mistake. The mozzies took flight from the stagnant swimming pool and swarmed all  over us on the terrace. After another 40 minute wait at reception before dinner for someone to give us the correct room  key  my mind was made up that I did not want to stay in this hotel for the four nights we were booked in for. The prosecco aperitifs we had  prepaid for on the terrace could have mellowed my attitude but had long since run out during our wait for the correct room key. This may have added to my demise. I grabbed an unopened bottle from the terrace table and took it to our diner table. I was spotted by the Italian owner who swiftly took it away.  We did move the following day after another cold shower and nothing left for breakast except bread , to a hotel not far away.
mailto:info@ilmolinodelponte.com
 no frills but friendly and a bar with full service and hot water. We tried to participate in the ride outs that our original Italian hotelier had laid on, on his hired Harley motorcycle and borrowed Harley jacket still complete with price labels dangling. I can't help thinking that our own road captain could've shown us safer routes to the same spectacular sites. And as for the quaint Italian lunches he arranged.  They  were overpriced and spoilt by the Italian  giving me evils throughout the meal and then snatching the money from my hand as if in retaliation for my daring to swipe his prosecco. I am convinced he was just after our money. My partner says he did apologise to him before we left but  I'm afraid to say he just ignored me and gave me evils throughout Maybe he just has a problem with women  I will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is the third time that me and my wife have been guests at Villa La Cappella and I am very pleased to say that we have yet another fantastic stay. We went to stay at the hotel with 10 other couples as part of a wedding group over the bank holiday and we really blessed with lovely weather.

The Italian owners, Patrizio and Diana couldn’t have done enough for us and along with all of the other staff made our stay at the hotel like and home from home.

If you are the type of guest who is looking for a truly authentic Tuscan experience then you will love Villa La Cappella, but if you are the type of guest who is looking for all of the extras such as a 24hr reception etc, that you get from the chain hotels then this is not for you.

Personal, this is one of the best hotel I have ever stayed in around the world and I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do.

Room Tip: The location is deep in the Tuscany countryside and i would recomned a car rental either from the ho...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hotel Villa La Cappella? Share your experiences!