My friend, Sabina, and I were not expecting the royal treatment we received from the beginning with the opening of the gate to the entrance of Villa Bossi-Pucci and Alessandro greeting us each with a bouquet of flowers to the magnificent view of the rolling hills of Tuscany from the balcony! It took our breadth away--and that was in the first 10 minutes! The grounds are absolutely beautiful and well cared for. Our pictures are beautiful. It just got better and better each day. We took a cooking class the first evening we were there. Absolutely delicious. Barbara is a wonderful chef and teacher. The days that followed were filled with Voltera, Siena, Lucca, San Gimignano, Greve and the Winery and the fabulous ceramic factory! The local restaurants served us the most amazing and delicious meals. I am hooked on wild boar!!! Each morning a delightful surprise awaited us in our breakfast baskets. We had a hard time dividing our little treasures. Alessandro, Niccola, Marta, Barbara and the entire staff at Il Borgo made this the most memorable trip to Italy. We expect to return again and again with other members our families. Mille Grazie Alessandro e tutti at Il Borgo e tante belle cose. A presto!
- Also Known As:
- Il Borgo Di Villa Bossi-Pucci Hotel Montespertoli
- Il Borgo Di Villa Bossi-Pucci Hotel
- Il Borgo Di Florence
- Il Borgo Di Villa Bossi-Pucci Italy/Montespertoli, Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hill top estate located in the heart of Tuscany 16 miles south of Florence comprised of beautifully restored fully-equipped one, two and three bedroom apartments. Each has its own breakfast kitchen, living room, en suite bath and terrace or balcony. All rooms are elegantly furnished with great care given to retaining the classic features of the original structures: the warm rich colors, open wood beamed ceilings and fireplaces. Ask about our signature program "Lessons of Tuscany" including hilltown excursions, dinners at local family restaurants and optional classes such as cooking, photography, Italian language, wine appreciation and more. A beautiful village in perfect harmony with its surroundings overlooking the Chianti vineyards, olive groves and distant castles. ... more less