“The place to go when you want the "best seafood in town"” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Chowder
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Restaurant with exclusively fresh fish.
New York City, New York
“The place to go when you want the "best seafood in town"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We were craving for some good seafood after a couple of nights in Tuscany. I must say, we went to the only seafood restaurant in Montespertoli and we were not disappointed. In fact, it far exceeded our expectations. We were served the best seafoods you can find. At first, I was not comfortable about eating raw seafood but after trying the first dish which is the seafood platter/plateau, I was hooked and enjoyed every dish. The seafood was fresh that it tasted so sweet. I love the ambiance. Very romantic but can be a restaurant for all or any occasion. Everyone at the restaurant treated us so well. Our server spoke very good english. We were well attended to the whole time. This restaurant is also popular with the locals. Some of the dishes we ordered were the plateau royale (with tzarskaya oysters and a selection of raw seafood,lobster & granciporro crab), tartare of tunafish from Marsala, tartare of pink shrimps (from the Mediterranean) marinated with lime, swordfish carpaccio with sweet onion from Certaldo, Linguini di Mare (mixed seafood) and baked fish (3 of them! Pezzonia, Gallinella and Spigola - all fresh and delicious, cooked just perfectly). Based on the quality and taste of the foods, I would say, it is a value for money restaurant. I would go back when we visit Tuscany again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Luigi S, Proprietario at Nero Di Seppia, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear customer, I remember you and nice table of many friends who were!
Thank you so much for your kind words about us and for all the photos that you have made ​​to remind you of this room.
I hope to see you soon as guests.
With sympathy,

Regina
“Great find in Montespertoli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Four of us visited the restaurant on Oct 4, 2012 and had a great meal. The ambience is good, the service excellent, the recommended wine was wonderful and the food was super. The Gorgonzola souffle was excellent, the tuna was fantastic and the prawns were great. It's a bit expensive (85 euros with one bottle of wine for four) compared to a number of other restaurants around Montespertoli and Tuscany but it was a most enjoyable evening.
George Peters, Canada

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Luigi S, Proprietario at Nero Di Seppia, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Customer, Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed staying at our table.
We look forward to seeing your next holiday in Tuscany.
With sympathy,
Lemont
“I think that Seafood in this place is better than in US”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Hi, I'm from Lemont, US and my cousins took me in Tuscany for 3 days.
Before that place, I've just tried three places in Pisa and Florence.
This time they took me in this little town, Monstespertoli. They said to me they know so well the owner and so before returning to Turin (where I will stay 4 a month) I had absolutely try food of this "Osteria".
The place was really but really little but elegant. Other customers sit at the table were really well dressed and elegant.
Every detail was studied and I was really surprised.

The food was delicious. I knew that Italy is the best place to eat but for now that is the best place I've ever tried. The Seafood I ate was...amazing!! In Chicago, that's a famous place for food, I've never tried so good fish.
I'm sorry for not remembering names of what I ate but I think that's really awesome.
I know that prices are not cheap, it's effectively a little bit expansive but I can assure that all that you pay, you will re-find in the quality of the dish!!

I want to propose this fantastic places to everyone but expecially to other american peole that wanna try Italian food!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Luigi S, Proprietario at Nero Di Seppia, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear customer, thank you for your compliments.
The dish that liked it so much is our specialty and is called Plateau Royale.
The wait willingly to his next visit in Tuscany, with sympathy,
Moscow
“Good fish place in Tuscany hills”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Very tasty fish al forno with potatoes, tomatoes, olives and herbs - really well done)) also a big choice of raw fish antipastes)) the disadvantage - location - on busy road, no terraces and views

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Luigi S, Proprietario at Nero Di Seppia, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear customer, a warm thanks for your nice review.
The look forward to seeing his next visit to Tuscany!
A Friendly Greeting,
Zurich, Switzerland
“Seafood restaurant away from the coast was a good recommendation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The restaurant is a simple one, fish was fresh, we could see the catch of the day as it was taken in to the kitchen. Though it did not have many covers (tables) the place could have used with help to serve. One person was over worked and thus slow.

Visited May 2012
Luigi S, Proprietario at Nero Di Seppia, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Customer, thank you for your nice review, we are happy that you were good at our table.
I apologize if we have been slow to serve, but our kitchen is exclusively expressed, to ensure the highest level of quality, and this type of cooking requires a little time in its preparation.
We hope to have her as a welcome guest soon, Best Regards.