“Lovely restaurant with nice menu” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely restaurant with nice menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We recently spent 2 weeks in Tuscany and had the pleasure of dining at this restaurant. At first we were a little disappointed when we arrived for our 7.30PM reservation and found the restaurant still closed, however a lady appeared from another direction asking if we had a dinner reservation to which we replied yes, she said comeback in 20 minutes; only in Italy would you get this. Our meal was really nice and the waitress we had met in the street was a lovely lady. My only complaint is that the service was slow. The food quality was very good and the wines very nice. The restaurant is small and from our experience a reservation is absolutely necessary.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointed we found this gem on our last day in Montispertoli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had the great pleasure of having a wonderful meal there last September, 2012. The five of us were gobsmacked at the quality and taste of the food served to us by a very lovely proprietor and his lovely wife. I had the rabbit which was exquisite and the five of us raved about this place for a long time regretting that we found it on our last day in town.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to all travellers in that part of Italy. It is worth driving a little further to enjoy this little gem.

Cant wait to go back on my next trip to Florence.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fine dining and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were directed to Artevino by the attendant at our hotel. She went so far as to call the restaurant for us and book our reservations. We found the restaurant to be pleasantly decorated and romantically lit. Because we were driving back after dinner we declined a bottle of wine, but were presented with a small, complimentary flute of prosecco. It was very good and an indication of the fine service to come. We didn't have the appetites for numerous courses so my wife and I shared an appetizer of a mushroom cassarole. She ordered the spinach and brie lasagna and I had the curry prawns. Mine was excellent and my wife raves to all who will listen about the lasagna. We ended the meal with a chocolate nut cake with a chocolate sauce which is depicted in one of the previously attached photos. If I am ever in the vicinity of this restaurant again, I will most certainly stop in. Much enjoyed and a great value.

• Visited April 2013
Camarillo, California
“First Class Restaurant in a small town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Four of us recently dined at L'Artevino in celebration of two birthdays. As soon as I read the menu I knew we were in for a treat. The restauarant did not disappoint. We ordered several courses of food. The asparagas flan with pecorino sauce was smooth and amazing, the grouper stuffed courgettes were fabulous, the gnocchi with seafood was devine. Everything was beautifully presented. This place is a real find. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fine Dining with an artist's flair in cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was a lovely restaurant. There are not many tables, so be sure to reserve in advance. Not to miss if you are in this area.

Visited October 2012