“Great non-touristy place” 4 of 5 stars

Via Don Mander, 10/A | Marina di Pisa, 56128 Marina di Pisa, Pisa, Italy   |
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great non-touristy place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

I wanted somewhere away from the usual tourist haunts & was a bit dubious about Marina di Pisa after reading about it being a bit of a run down town but it was perfect - loads of character, a bit shabby in some places but quiet, friendly, close to Pisa with regular buses. It's on the coast so there's handy beaches.
The B&B was lovely, breakfast is served outside on the patio so is not available in winter &, in fact, some days we were squashed under the umbrellas when it was raining whilst haveing breakfast but it wasn't a problem. The owner is very pleasant as is the lady who cleans the rooms & serves breakfast. The rooms all go off the 'patio' area & when we first arrived I wondered if I'd made a mistake in booking but I hadn't. The rooms (we had 2 double bedrooms though I think the others just had 1) were fine, clean, with TV, fridge & bathroom was fine too, not very big but absolutely ok. There were no tea & coffee making facilities in the room but the facilities on the patio were available at all times.

I would certainly go back to stay here again. Oh & the owner has pushbikes that are available free of charge so we cycled a few kms down the road to a secluded beach. The road is flat so was no problem. The 1 litre cartons of wine for 1 euro 30 are quite drinkable too!!

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Stonehenge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

Enrico gave us a very warm welcome and treated us like good friends the whole time we stayed there. Marina kept the bedroom and bathroom spotless with clean towels every day. We used local transport for the first half of the holiday, - bus to Pisa 1.6 euro and train to Florence 5.60 euro - very cheap. We hired a car for 3 days and visited the Chianti Wine festival in Greve. Next time I wont drive so I can use up all my vouchers on trying all the wonderful wines from Tuscany. We visited Lucca,an old walled city about 30 minutes drive from Marina di Pisa - well worth a visit. I would be more than happy to return to La Papaya because we were looked after so well, nothing was too much trouble.
Thank you Enrico, Marina & Mama for making our wedding anniversary a very happy time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Aalborg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

A really nice B&B in Marina de Pisa ... but a bit pricy.

Look at the map - the B&B is situated quite some way outside Pisa. And you have to drive the same road for 15 minuted every day when leaving the B&B. So I wouldn't advise you to stay more than 3 days.

The hosts are really nice - nice breakfast from the family's food store - and the possibility to sit outside the rooms in the evening.

I don't hesitate to recommend this to everyone else.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends

Been to B&B La Papaya? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about B&B La Papaya

Address: Via Don Mander, 10/A | Marina di Pisa, 56128 Marina di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Location: Italy > Tuscany > Province of Pisa > Pisa > Marina di Pisa
Ranked #1 of 7 B&Bs / Inns in Marina di Pisa
Very beautiful b&b near the sea with lowest prices and a five star treatment. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your B&B La Papaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage B&B La Papaya, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.