“One of the most delightful stays I have had in Tuscany” 5 of 5 stars

Relais Villa Belpoggio
Via Setteponti Ponente 40/A | Arezzo, 52024 Loro Ciuffenna, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Loro Ciuffenna
treviso
“One of the most delightful stays I have had in Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Here is a Villa which has no need to try hard. No it is not 5 star luxuery, nor is it trying to be! This is a villa with the feeling of a country home. The rooms are spaciouse, decorated with Tuscan charm and very welcoming. The public spaces really do have that homely feeling and the outdoor space is beautifully maintained.

You arrive to the villa up a steep hill lined on both sides by olive groves, the welcome is friendly and the ladies who run Villa Belpoggio are just delightful! They are what makes this venue extra special! They are the perfect example of wonderful customer service and charm.

You do need a car and the local towns are very quaint, the chianti hills are on your door step and for the fashionistas Prada outlet is about 20 mins away, but I noticed there is a taxi service available.

Cannot recommend this villa highly enough! A great find!

Room Tip: Ask for the yellow room at the top of the villa, great views and lovely bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
SouthCoast, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I started to write my review and felt I could not have said it better than the earlier review titled Heaven on Earth. Everything was fabulous: the view of the countryside, the Tuscan food, the caring service performed by all members of the staff. They even knew our names and actually ran an errand for someone in our party at no charge! Without a doubt, I would love to return here. Can't imagine wanting something more than this.

Room Tip: There are stairs to some rooms. If you have trouble with stairs, ask for a room on the lower floors.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

After staying at another Tuscan villa last year, I thought I knew what to expect, but I was totally blown away by the experience that my clients and I had at Villa Belpoggio. Everything was exceptional here: the rooms, the grounds, the food, and especially the service. Maria, Agnese and Paula spare no time or effort to make sure that their guests feel like visiting celebrities, and nothing was too much to ask. No detail is left to chance in how the rooms are appointed and maintained, and the level of service goes well beyond what's expected, even at luxury accommodations. I am definetely coming back next year with another group of friends, because I want them to experience the real Tuscany, and this is it! Here's what I liked the most: ample closet space, large bathroom with tub and classy details, view from the windows (not ony in my room, but in others I saw, as well), nice selection of teas and coffees in the room, inexpensive laundry service, Paula's cooking (!), and most of all being made feel like I'm visiting relatives and not like a paying guest. Thank you, everyone, we'll be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Excellent location, splendid villa.
Personnel friendly (smiling attitude) and well informed about what to see in the region.
Nice and comfortable rooms with Toscani atmosphere.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Ball Ground, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

This was the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed at. It's surrounded by olive groves. It really gave me a sense of tuscan living. The grounds were secluded and beautiful yet only an hour or 2 from many historic towns, Florence, Volterra, etc.. The place is 400 years old. The rooms and bathrooms are gorgeous. I stayed in the Alcova. The staff were the nicest I have ever seen at a hotel. Paula was a wonderful cook and so helpful. The only down side was that the beds and pillows were rock hard but after all of the sight seeing in the day I never had a problem sleeping. I slept better than I have in a while, think its the peaceful atmosphere. It only has a few rooms so it almost feels like you rented a private villa for yourself. If I go back I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The alcova is wonderful.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

We had a lovely time at this place. The service is very good and they're very friendly and they give great tips and advices! Maria is a very lovely person and you will get a warm welcome from her. If you want to visit the Toscane and relax a bit at the pool, go to this place!

Reno, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I've waited a bit to write this review - in order to let conflicting impressions become more resolved. On the plus side is an incredibly attentive staff for whom, no request is too difficult. Without them, your stay would not be as enjoyable. The property is well maintained and in very good condition. The villa's location practically guarantees that you'll hear little or no auto traffic, and is quite pleasant to sit out under the large trees in the later afternoon with your favorite glass of wine.

We stayed in the Abbot's room which had a large in-suite bathroom and a typically uncomfortable Tuscan bed. Our first night was somewhat marred by my wifes' discovery of bed bug bites the following morning. While we have read about this problem, it was our first-ever critter encounter. Strangely enough, there were no repeat attacks.

The in-house Internet proved to be a perplexing issue of our stay, and one not unique to us - Apple computers and iPads, with rare exception, could not obtain an Internet connection. The technician was unable to help and the staff admitted that this has always been a problem for Apple computers - and (incidentally) that most of their customers used Apple computers!

Upon our return one late afternoon, we were simply too tired to think of going back out to find food, and stayed in - snacking on what snack leftovers we had about. It was at that point that we realized that we would have appreciated our time there more had in-house dining been an option.

Comparing our stay here with another property some 40km to the south which had a several pools, a tennis court, and an in-house gourmet restaurant (providing for fine dining under the stars), I would not rate this property as highly as others have.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Relais Villa Belpoggio? Share your experiences!