“Expertise Tour Guide for Tuscany” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine tours in Tuscany, sightseeing & photographic tours of Tuscany, with Sergio your driver guide and host. Tours run daily from Florence and surrounding areas.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Expertise Tour Guide for Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I had the joy of meeting Sergio in October 2012 as he was guiding a tour of 7 guests thru Tuscany. He is very knowledgeable of the area and speaks perfect English and Italian. His manner is just so pleasant that it's a joy to spend time listening to history, stories and fun facts that Sergio knows all about. In December 2013 I was on another tour with Sergio and highly recommend his services and will be sure to contact him everytime I am in Tuscany. RELIABLE, FUN, EFFICIENT! You need not search further if you are looking to be chauffered around with first class service. My friends also join me in thanking Sergio for a great time.

Visited December 2013

Arlington Heights, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I found Sergio on line while googling and then saw great reviews on Tripadvisor. Even before we got to meet him Sergio was very nice and helpful. I booked the tour in May for our October trip. Booking the tour was beyond easy! I gave Sergio a few possible dates, he e-mailed me with his availability and we were set to go – no deposit, just make sure to send an e-mail in case your plans change within a week of your set date.

On the day of our tour Sergio showed up at the door of our B&B with his air conditioned minivan and we were off into the wine & olive oil country. Being a local resident and a VERY NICE guy Sergio is a perfect tour guide! He truly knows and loves his country and the Tuscany region. He narrated the drive through the little towns, hills and valleys. The first stop – a little town in the valley for a fast “cappuccino al banco” (the only way to have a drink, coffee or otherwise, in Italy) and I had a HUGE cannolo which was delicious!

Then we went through the hills and reached our first stop San Leo – the olive oil farm where Patricia (the owner) showed us around, explained olive growing and the oil making process, showed us how it was done in the old times – all the machinery and systems still in place in the ancient olive making plant that is used as a shop/restaurant/tasting room. We tasted a few different olive oils and have a whole new appreciation for the stuff – I have been cooking with the real olive oil ever since. I have to mention that San Leo is also a hotel – http://www.agriturismosanleo.it it’s secluded in a magnificent natural setting, away from the hustle and bustle of the cities. To get here you need a car/driver for sure but I’d love to stay here some day.

Next Sergio took us to a tiny little town of Loro Ciuffenna where we had probably the best lunch of our lives at an ancient restaurant La Torre. Sergio truly knows how to wow people! The town is beautiful with ancient walls, castle, a water mill and bridges.

After lunch we were off to the Chianti valleys for some REAL Chianti wine. Sergio explained to us a lot of interesting and important things about Chianti wines – since then we pay attention to DOCG and DOC along with the little rooster stamp. We trove through hills of vineyards with picturesque views, he stopped for us to take photos (he really knows where to go, even in a rainy day the landscape was magnificent).

We stopped at Fattoria Casaloste winery where we had a private wine tasting and met one of the owners who informed us that their wines finally made it to the USA. Next stop was a tiny little town of Greve in Chianti – the birthplace of Giovanni da Verrazzano (the world explorer and navigator– there is a bridge in NYC named after him for discovering the New York Bay) and a hometown of another famous navigator and world explorer Amerigo Vespucci (the two continents in the western hemisphere were named after him for discovering the New York Bay). We stopped by a butcher shop here - Antica Macelleria Falorni and purchased some prosciutto that we devoured with croissants at our B&B the next morning - delicious!

Although it rained ALL day we were very happy with our tour. Sergio is amazing –if you view one of his videos on his web site – you seriously get what you see. He is very personable, easy going and is a great tour guide. He truly loves what he does and is very good at it. We highly recommend him!

Visited October 2013
Ft. Wayne
3 attraction reviews
“Best day of our Italy trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was absolutely the best part of our trip to Florence. One of my friends recommended him as she took a tour in September. My husband and I booked a private wine lovers day trip and it was absolutely perfect. He picked us up at the Four Seasons in Florence and gave us interesting information about the area. We visited some larger wineries, but tasted in two of the smaller ones. We had lunch with Sergio and were able to visit with the owners of the winery. So amazing to have that experience! We spent some extra time at lunch, but Sergio was awesome. He never made us feel rushed even though we were a bit behind schedule going to the second tasting. He gave us the tour of the second winery and we were actually able to try a bit of a wine that was not yet on the market. A few things stood out about this tour: 1. Sergio knows wine and olive oil and introduced us to tuscan bread, oil and salt. Yummy! 2. He has such a wonderful relationship with the winery owners and staff. That makes a huge difference. Everyone was so welcoming! 3. Sergio is just a wonderful person. 4. We have such great photos that Sergio took to remember this trip by. Again, what a perfect day. So much fun!

Visited December 2013
Brooklyn Park
“Great day in Chianti with Sergio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Sergio picked us up in Firenze and off we went. It was a beautiful day in Chianti in November. The sun was shining and the sites were spectacular! Sergio made several stops so we could take pictures of the beautiful scenery as well as sharing a lot of information about the region. If you shut your eyes and open them it is a picture perfect image of the Italy that you imagine. The visits that he chose for us were awesome and the hosts of the wineries were so great. The winery host had a feast for us as well as tasting the wines. Bread, olive oil, meats. He also made a reservation for us for lunch in Greve that was very good.
Thanks Sergio for making our trip to the wine country something we will always remember!

Visited November 2013
Nantucket, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I went on two wine tours with Sergio. One in October and one in November. Both were totally enjoyable! They were interesting and Sergio is the best. He makes sure you have time to take some beautiful pictures of the Chianti countryside as well as making sure you taste some excellent wines! We loved our lunch with Paolo and his wife at their small family winery and also the lunch at the small restaurant outside of Greve. Great choices! Sergio will have a special place in my heart as I remember my two trips to Italy this year. If you want a wine tour that will not disappoint I strongly urge you to book your tour with Sergio.

Visited November 2013