“Very good food & very charming” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Montreal, Canada
“Very good food & very charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We arrived in this little town after a long walk/hike from Sienna. We found the owners very cute, charming & very helpful. We were a group of 6 and they fed us like kings & queens. We sat outside on a beautiful terrace drinking italian beer & white wine on a sunny hot July day. Heaven. I highly recommend this very itsy bity town for lunch. If you blink you will miss it but what a charming worth it place. Had been in a car, we may not have stopped, by chance we were walking there on our way to Pieve Di Salti. One of those very special places not on the tourist trap list. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Barcelona
“Very good place out of the beaten track”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch in this nice place located in a very small village close to Asciano. We ate outside and the only issue was that we coild not keep ourselves all time time under the shed. Staff was polite and helpfuland food was very good. we had bruschette, pici, a very original chicken and memorable desserts. I recommendcthis place and I would go again for sure.

Visited August 2013
St Marys Tasmania
“Sensational Italian dinner in magnificent surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have friends that live part of the year in Chiusure, a lovely small village in Tuscany. We visited them recently and they promised us an authentic Tuscan dinner. When they said they would take us to the small restaurant in Chiusure I wasn't expecting a great deal but we had the most magical meal on a warm balmy evening in a most picturesque piazza in this tiny village. After a few friends dropped by there were eight of us in all. The table was beautifully set for us outside the restaurant and our friend ordered for us. Instead of individual meals our friend simply ordered courses that we could all share.

First up was an antipasto platter with the most amazing roasted cherry tomatoes, grilled thinly sliced vegetables and a variety of other delicacies including the most fabulous hand made hot vegetable mousse with a couple of baskets full of Tuscan bread. We all tucked in and it was just sensational.

Next came a couple of platters of pasta, beautiful ricotta filled large ravioli in a sensational spinach and almond sauce and also hand made macaroni with a fabulous sauce of mushrooms and other local delicacies. There were 8 adults sopping up every last drop of sauce with their crusty Tuscan bread.

As if that wasn't enough out came two huge platters with the local delicacy of Florentine steak. Each platter had a Fred Flinstone sized T-bone steak, with fillet intact, thinly sliced and perfectly cooked. Medium rare with a beautiful char crust. Served with grilled thin slices of potato and cherry tomatoes roasted with sweet balsamic sauce.

Here we were on this fantastic balmy evening, eating the most amazing home made Tuscan food in this romantic little piazza, the sort of thing you would dream of if you were hoping to have a special meal while in Tuscany.

By this stage everyone was full to the extreme but I couldn't resist a home made mild rosemary flavoured panna cotta (served with 8 teaspoons much to my annoyance!) which like everything else was just sensational.

All of this topped off with the odd cold beer and a few excellent bottles of local white and red wine.

Let the restaurant people recommend the wines for you, they won't make a mistake! Actually as I am writing this I am finding it hard not to overuse words such as beautiful, sensational, amazing etc. it was one special meal in one special place.

So - if you find yourself in Tuscany get off the beaten track and punch Chiusure into your GPS, the restaurant won't be hard to find but believe me, you will have a magical evening you won't forget.

If you happen to be on your honeymoon or are looking for a truly romantic evening in Tuscany give this place a try. I don't think you will be disappointed, it was certainly a most memorable evening for my wife and I and the rest of our group.

Finally I must make mention of the warm friendly service from these lovely ladies that run this restaurant, I certainly wish they lived in my neighbourhood!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Milan, Italy
“What a revelation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was taken by friends to this restaurant which I hadn't even noticed last time I was in the tiny town of Chiusure - and enjoyed the best meal of my Tuscan visit. All the vegetable plates were delicious, the fiorentino steak excellent and over generous, for me the highlight of the offerings was the panna cotto dessert, flavoured with a whiff of rosemary, with the best texture I have ever encountered - we ate outside in the piazza - it was a wonderful evening, and the staff were delightful.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Tuscany, Italy
“A feast of modern and traditional cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I highly recommend going to the beautiful hill-town of Chiusure for a very good meal, just 2km up from the Monte Oliveto Abbey. There the Osteria il Pozzo di Chiusure is open this season from Tuesday to Sunday, both lunch and dinner. Marilena and Lupo will cook you a feast! We recently (July 2013) had 2 dinner parties each with 8 people, and on both times ordered the delicious starter platters of summer vegetables, for pasta course the delicate homemade ravioli plus the classic local pici, and for the main we went for the aged steak Fiorentina to share. It's a big thick T-bone and they can cook it a bit more, if you don't like it so rare. If there's just a few of you, have the tagliata = sliced steak, with rucola and parmigiana or al rosmarino. Their beef is superbly aged, from a local butcher in Arbia. Don't forget the desserts, they are all home-made and delicious, especially the pannacotta, this has to be the best I've ever had. Good local wines, organic too, and all at a reasonable prices, highly recommended. Service was fast and friendly, we felt well looked after and the waiters spoke some English. The Osteria is located in the center, on the piazza of this small village with a wonderful atmosphere. Afterwards, walk up to the top of the village, there is a park with a terrace, and a spectacular panorama over the region, with the abbey below and even Montalcino in the distance. This will be one of the most memorable meals you've even had.