“We got married at this beautiful hotel - the friendly staff feel like family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'ea Bianca Luxury Resort

You added L'ea Bianca Luxury Resort to your Saves list
L'ea Bianca Luxury Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cala dei Ginepri, 07021 Baia Sardinia, Sardinia, Italy   |
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Baia Sardinia
London, United Kingdom
“We got married at this beautiful hotel - the friendly staff feel like family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were married on the beach at this hotel - words cannot describe how perfect and amazing it was. My husband and I have been lucky enough to have stayed in many top hotels around the world but L'ea Bianca is our favourite place to be. It is not just because of the idyllic view, great food and lovely rooms it is the overall atmosphere of this place - the staff are wonderful people with huge hearts and you just feel like part of one big happy family when you are there. The hotel is run to an extremely high standard - nothing you ask for is ever a problem. I seriously could not fault anything about it - it is also a family friendly, quiet hotel. The building itself is beautiful and every room has a sea view - they also have put lights all around the hotel and the garden that change colours during the night and it just creates such a beautiful effect. It is also only a 20 minute drive from Olbia airport so really easy to get to. Anyway, I could write all day about how incredible this hotel is - go and experience it for yourselves!

Room Tip: All the rooms have amazing views - some of them also have little private gardens with them and jacuz...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ea2009, Direttore vendite at L'ea Bianca Luxury Resort, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Sirs,

organizing you wedding has been an honour and a delight for all of us.

We've been all involved in your happiness, and has been a great pleasure to make it real, hope to welcoming you soon again to celebrate your first anniversary.

Wish you all the best!

The management and the staff of L'Ea Bianca Luxury Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were traveling with friends. They used a travel agent to book all the rooms. We had sticker shock when the daily rate came in at. $1100. per night for three people (our daughter shared the room). Now this included half board. Breakfast and either dinner or lunch. Drinks, not included- we ran up a pretty hefty bar bill.
Our group were the only Americans in the hotel.
The staff was friendly and helpful when we asked for directions to the nearest ruins.
The hotel is about 45 minutes from the Olbia airport and is well signposted if you pay attention, I printed out directions on Google maps and we didn't make a wrong turn..
The hotel is really private, at any given time there was hardly anyone in the pool. The beach was much more popular but not crowded. The beach is fairly small with a fresh water creek with a small foot bridge. The sand is a shock. Not the lovely white powder you find in the Caribbean, Hawaii or Florida. It is a tan color and really hard on the feet with course sand and small rocks. The water is beautiful. Once you figure out how to walk on the sand or not and get to your sun bed, it is wonderful. Lots of umbrellas, towels and snorkeling gear (mostly sand/ small rocks near the beach- didn't go to much further)
Another aspect of the grounds which for me was a first. The lights in the garden and on the balconies changed very very slowly from purple to blue to I think green.
The breakfast has something for everyone (except good cappuccino, have americano) and if you didn't see what you wanted in the extensive buffet it was possible to order just about anything else. Apparently the lunch menu doesn't change- we went out for lunch so can't comment, but dinner was very good with the lovely location on the terrace.
I have to say I didn't experience some of the extreme problems others did. I will completely agree that the beds are hard. The pillows harder and why have a duvet at a beach resort and no sheet to use without the duvet so you have to turn up (down?) the AC? Also there is not a lick of any decoration on the walls- very bare. The high ceilings ( on the 1st floor) were very nice.
It is rather strange to have a window from the bathroom to the bedroom. We closed the venetian blinds and left it at that.The view from our balcony was beautiful. The bed was on the wrong side of the room to have a view except in the mirror.
This was my first time staying in a hotel on Sardinia so I have no idea if I can find a better spot with a beach for a better price, but I will try. Sardinia is beautiful, the swimming was great and the countryside intriguing with all the very early ruins and lovely walks. I will be back to Sardinia.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top (1st) floor have high ceilings. The rooms that face west have a slightly better...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sirs,

thank you very much for your note. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at L'Ea Bianca Luxury Resort.

Concerning to the beds, we're sorry they didn't satisfy you, if you had ask we could apply a softer mattress on it. The walls have no decoration as per our interior designer choice, as the only picture you should see from all rooms is the bay.

We are very glad appreciate our service, the hotel and the Sardinian nature and food, but mostly that you enjoyed the Sardinian charme and that you would like to visit and explore the island again.

Hope to have the chance to welcoming you again soon.

The management and the staff of L'Ea Bianca Luxury Resort
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have never written a review of any hotel despite my having stayed in so many, almost all over the world. I was, however, so dissatisfied with my stay at L’ea Bianca in Sardinia that I feel compelled to share my experience. I took the time, as well, to take pictures of the establishment as well as spend money translating this review so that as many people as possible can read my experience and then make an informed decision as to whether this would be a good place for you to visit.
Firstly the hotel is very small, containing, I believe only 34 rooms. The front desk is approximately 5 feet from the entrance and the entire lobby area cannot measure more than 1000 square feet (approx. 100 sq. meters). For the prices this hotel charges, I would expect a little more opulence, at a bare minimum. The tile work is old and has holes in it throughout the property (see pictures attached) and the walls are dirty and unfinished in many common areas (see pictures). I would expect such a thing in a 2 or 3 star hotel or motel but not such a property that labels itself as a 5 star luxury resort.
The rooms are quite small and, most bothersome to me was the size of the televisions (see pictures) I think they might as well simply have not put televisions in the rooms. The mattresses seemed new but I must say they were not terribly comfortable, the linens were acceptable, the rooms were clean but little things that one could turn a blind eye to in any property other than a 5 star luxury resort are unacceptable here- for example the vanity mirror in the bathrooms does not move and is impossible to use (see picture). I should also note that there was a putrid odor on my floor the entire time of my stay (not in the rooms, to be fair, but in the hallways) and my room service tray which was placed outside at 5pm was still not removed the next morning (there are only 34 rooms to handle it shouldn’t be that hard!) so I brought the tray down to the front desk myself!
The hotel claims to have a spa but it seemed, at least while we were there, that there was only one person on hand and when she was giving one of the guests a massage there was nobody able to book an appointment for any other treatments because the masseuse was the one answering the phone. My girlfriend tried simply for 2 days to get a manicure and it became so complicated that she just went into town to get one instead.
I tried to order a minestrone soup one of the days and the room service menu clearly lists it as available only to have the kitchen and then the front desk tell me its not possible. I proceeded to go the front desk and a female manager rudely placed the menu in front of me and said “here is the menu what is the problem” when I pointed out to her that the menu says minestrone soup is available only then did she pick up the phone and tell the kitchen to make a soup lest the customer file a complaint. I felt awkward as though I was being put on the spot when all I wanted was a soup. The friendliness of this particular hotel is lacking severely and this is another reason that I choose to write my first hotel review ever.
All in all I had a very poor experience and paying 1000 euro per night for my room made me feel like I was taken advantage of in such a serious way that I feel compelled to let the public know about this property. I am an owner of several hotels, some 5 star, some 4 star and they are located in North America and Europe. I have extensive experience travelling in Asia, Africa and India as well and I write this review with a heavy heart because as a hotel owner I know that the public takes these reviews very seriously and I understand that my words will have a severe impact on this hotel which makes me feel terrible, to be perfectly honest, but I absolutely could not hold my thoughts in as it has been more than one week and I still feel the stress and anger of being treated the way I was treated and having had to pay this amount of money to stay in, what to me was no more than a motel room. I have also attached numerous pictures for the public to review and through these pictures and my words I let the traveler make his and her own conclusions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Ea2009, Direttore vendite at L'ea Bianca Luxury Resort, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Sir,

We thank you for your note, we are very impressed you spent only 36 hours of your life in our hotel and you use them all going around to catch details you thought were wrong and taking pictures with the purpose to write this public announce.

The hotel is small because it’s a boutique hotel, as written in all our descriptions, it has 31 see view rooms and 5 villas.

The front desk has been studied to be the entrance of the hotel, with a big frame with stunning views on the bay of La Maddalena archipelago natural park discovering behind the mountains of Corse.
The opulence is a choice, we have a different style, offering luxury in all its details: space, materials, furniture, services and technology. The interiors have been realized with white marble and terracotta enhanced by ornamental granite and wood nobly hand made. The tiles have been chosen as they are, to give a touch of antiquity in a modern contest, for connoisseur. It’s a pity you didn’t get informed and you couldn’t appreciate it.
The hotel has been built in 2006, everything is new and well maintained, if there’s something that need to be treated clients usually call for assistance. The smallest room in our hotel is a superior of 25 mq + 5 mq of bathroom + 6 mq of balcony. We would also like to point out that you booked for 2 people and then you were 3. You booked deluxe room and as you walked in, you said you didn’t like the rooms, we had availability and trying to make you happy we offered a free upgrade to junior suite + 1 deluxe connecting, you didn’t even go to see them.
Corridors have a timer perfume, maybe you didn’t like it.
Your girlfriend asked for a manicure at h,17.00. for the same day, unfortunately we didn’t have availability for the evening, and you left the day after.
You asked for a minestrone h. 18.50 at the bar, we delivered it with salad and sandwiches at h. 19.15. Strange you placed the tray h. 17.00, anyway we set up rooms for the night from h. 20.30 to h. 22.00 daily, we also did yours. We do agree with you, it’s bizarre anyone noticed the tray!

Concerning to the hotel staff attitude it is the first time ever someone isn’t happy about it, the only females working at the reception are the Front office manager, more than 20 years experience, and a receptionist English mother tongue, both are highly trained and extremely kind to all our guests as well as all the people working here, by the way that afternoon there were two man in charge, we can’t understand whom you talked to.
The Staff is the most appreciated detail of L’Ea Bianca.

In any case, I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay, and I thank you for pictures, which even if they focus only details with the clear purpose to discredit the hotel, they just show some hotel details, as elevators, benches, and so on. I’m sorry, that a colleague, as you wrote, coming here as a guest wouldn’t even try to meet me if there was anything to complain about.

I agree with you, sure travellers who wish to have a vacation and enjoy their time in Sardinia will make their own right conclusions and decisions.

General manager
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We spent 5 nights in this beautiful and peaceful place. Upon entering the (unfortunately somewhat boring when compared to the rest) lobby area, we were amazed when we took a look out of the windows onto the beautiful water fountains, the large and quiet infinity pool, and the perfectly manicured gardens with blooming hibiscus, lilies, cacti, cyclamen, etc. all the way to the gorgeous bay that is right in front of it all. A dream! And barely anyone there! Often, we were either the only ones by the pool and the beach, or there would only be a handful of people around. And this even though the hotel was fully booked during our stay. The small number of rooms paired with the large grounds and plenty sunbeds make it seem like you have the place to yourself most of the time. Breakfast and dinner were the only occasions where we saw all of the other guests, and that still was a very small number. They were all looking for relaxation as much as we did, so it was always peaceful, never loud.

Breakfast had plenty to choose from, large trays with fresh fruits, juices, meats, breads, cereals, warm things like eggs and sausages, croissants, muffins, and a large selection of cakes and jams. You can also order warm dishes from the kitchen just the way you like them, for example poached eggs or an egg white omelett with ham and tomatoes, all at no additional charge. Same goes for drinks like cappuccinos, cafe lattes, espressos, etc. The staff was excellent and super sweet.

The staff in the remaining areas of the hotel was also phenomenal. Reception was always kind and helped us with everything from renting a vespa to renting a little boat to go explore the coast and the islands (highly recommend doing that at least once!!). The pool area was always neat and clean. And I had asked for a simple fruit smoothie at the downstairs bar area, and they surprised us with the tastiest concoction we've ever tried. For fruit lovers, that means a lot!

The simple double room that we stayed in had a perfect and highly comfortable bed to sleep in. The room itself was nice and spacious, with very high ceilings and a balcony overlooking the quiet pool area and the serene bay that belongs to the hotel. Gorgeous scenery to wake up to! By the way, compared to what somebody else was saying, the bay is very easy to access: it's a straight walk down from the pool, you just have to wear flip flops because the path isn't paved.But the hotel is right next to the bay, so there is not really a difficult trek involved or anything. I'd been worried after reading that particular review, but was surprised to find it such a complete non-issue when we got there.

I highly recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for a quiet and luxurious getaway.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views, because they all face the ocean. So it just depends on whether you'd...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ea2009, Director of Sales at L'ea Bianca Luxury Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Madam,

What to say? I’m not able to explain you the happiness of all the staff reading your kind words, this is the best prize for all of us. Thank you!

I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay in Sardinia at L’Ea Bianca and that you appreciated all our work. Your precious support boosts us to keep on doing our job even harder and always improving it.

It has been a great pleasure to have had the opportunity to meet you here.

Hope we will soon welcome you back in L’Ea Bianca

With our best regards,

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

It appeared to be a nice and beautiful resort, but two things were disappointing - beds were so firm that you feel sore when you wake up the other thing is food. We were on half board menu and frankly the dinner was ok, but not really tasty, in Italy you expect much more from the food. We end up renting a car to go to some other beaches as the beach at the resort was nothing speciall. However I have to note that service at the resort is very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ea2009, Direttore vendite at L'ea Bianca Luxury Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Madam,

we are pleased you liked the hotel and appreciate our service. We are very sorry to get aware of your problems with the bed after your departure, we could easily solve it during your stay and make you feel better.

Hope you will have the chance to come back soon,

vienna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Situated by a remote bay of Baia Sardinia, this rather new hotel (buildt 2008) offers 31 beautifully styled luxury-rooms, junior suites and suites as well as 5 villas.As beautiful the view over its beach might be, so troublesome is it to get there,(one has to cross a small creek and rocks) let alone to walk on the rough and sharp sand (so dont forget your flip-flops!)
People at reception and restaurant are extremely helpful and excellently trained, above all the restaurants Maitre, Sign.Giovanni and the receptionists.
Food tries to meet the hotels 5-star rating, its quality changes from day to day.Very good salads and fish (last sunday unfortunately with a strong "sea-smell") and pastas, cooked al dente-dente (you need very good teeth). Here and with regard to some meat, vegatables and sauces the chef should undergo some further training asap!
Wines are pricey, even the most simple Sardinian ones are around EUR 50 with no limit above.A 0,7liter mineralwater charged with EUR 10,- seems a bit exaggerated.Nevertheless the mainly younger guests seem to accept those prices with no complaints, due to the advantages of this nice (nearly boutique-like)hotel, whose charm may decrease somewhat in the future, when the adjacent villas or appartments (now under construction) will be ready.
As mentioned by other reviewers, the hotel is remote, so a car is essential.

Room Tip: west-wing has morning-sun, east-wing only after 6pm
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at L'ea Bianca Luxury Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Sir,

We are glad you were pleased about the location and our staff, included our maitre Mr. Salvatore.

We are proud to assume that we use the best quality products mostly biological and 0 kms and that our Chefs are professionally trained to develop them into tasty dishes, our International and Mediterranean cuisine is usually very appreciated by all our clients.

Just a short note concerning to the new villas on the road to get to the hotel, they do not belong to the resort.

Please note that the strong point of the hotel is to be in a exclusive place, where people can enjoy the nature around them, and get to close villages in few minutes: in 5min for Baja Sardinia and in 10 min for Porto Cervo.

We thank you very much for your comment,

Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here. Most of the other comments are accurate: dinners were excellent but pricey. We had a late breakfast and skipped lunch most days. Wine is steep, but they will save a bottle, or open it for an aperitif and take it to dinner. Beach is a bit rocky but beautiful. Definitely need a car to get hire. Also get good directions, it isn't easy to find. We took a nice outing to Tomba Gigante.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ea2009, Direttore vendite at L'ea Bianca Luxury Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Dear Sirs,

we thank you for your note, we are glad you appreciated our services and that you also enjoyed your holiday in Sardinia having a look to the sourroundigs areas.

We wish to welcoming you soon again in L'Ea Bianca.

Best Regards

Been to L'ea Bianca Luxury Resort? Share your experiences!