We stayed for a week at Mon Repos and opted for a superior room. The room was spacious and kept spotlessly clean. There was a large bathroom with a walk in shower and large balcony with table and chairs and comfy sunloungers.
We received a warm welcome on arrival, and were given a map of the area, and a timetable for the buses. After a quick shower we headed out for the evening. The location of the hotel is excellent, just a stone's throw from the centre with its restaurants, bars and shops. Baja Sardinia is a small resort, with all amenities close at hand.
The restaurant served a good breakfast, with the usual continental food, plus hot food (eggs, bacon, sausage) with coffee, tea, and chocolate along with fruit juices and water. Dinner is also recommended, and we ate there a few times during our stay. The food is excellent, so is the wine. There is a 10% discount for guests of the hotel.
The staff at the hotel were pleasant and courteous. The maids called at the room early evening check that everything was satisfactory, and a turn-down service was provided every evening, with a change of towels for the next morning.
The swimming pool was well maintained with plenty of sunloungers. We opted for the beach most days, although the hire of 2 beds and an umbrella set us back 21 euros a day. The sea was clear blue and perfect for a dip to cool off in the hot sun. There are a lot of beach sellers passing back and fore. They do not bother you unless you show interest in the items for sale, even then, they are not pushy, and will not harass you.
There are a lot of steps to get into the hotel. This could be a problem for the less mobile. Apart from that, everything was perfect.
We enjoyed our stay in Baja Sardinia and hope to return in the future. Would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel, built in Mediterranean style, was completely refurnished. It stands in a dominant position overlooking the beautiful bay of Baia Sardinia. Ideally situated in a large, shady garden, it ensures a tranquil atmosphere and is only ninety metres from the beach to which a footpath enables easy access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Mon Repos Hermitage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mon Repos Hermitage Arzachena
- Mon Repos Hermitage Hotel Arzachena
- Hotel Mon Repos Hermitage Sardinia/Baia Sardinia