“Great location, good service and worth the money. Not just for families!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Jacia

You added Hotel La Jacia to your Saves list
Hotel La Jacia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Localita La Crucitta, 07021 Baia Sardinia, Sardinia, Italy   |
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Baia Sardinia
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great location, good service and worth the money. Not just for families!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed with four friends in the twenties for a week in Costa Smeralda. The hotel is located in Baia Sardinia where you will find good restaurants, beaches and nightlife including Phi Beach (!!) where you will find the best apperitivo in Costa Smeralda. On top of that, Baia Sardinia is just a really short drive to the main harbours of Poltu Quato and Porto Cervo.

The hotel might be ideal for families because of the acqua park, but all of us enjoyed the park too! The service is also great and the hotel employees are really helpful and kind.

The rooms are big enough (we even slept three persons in one rooms without any problems) and well equipped with all the things you expect for this kind of hotel such as TV, bathroom (even two washbasins!), minbar and wardrobe. Furthermore, the rooms come with an own small terrace just outside the door.

Overall the hotel is not just ideal for families, meaning that younger people like us also can enjoy the stay in the heart of Costa Smeralda! See you next year!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Imagine beautifully textured white walls, red tiled roofs and permeating ocean breezes that envelop you as you arrive. You’ve reached Hotel La Jacia which marries the land and sea of the Mediterranean, creating an environment of understated elegance. The grounds are bountiful with the native flora and fauna especially the bougainvilleas which fill the air with a soothing scent. Here you will find a perfectly symbiotic relationship with the majestic Island of Sardinia. So grateful to have discovered this bountiful treasure that keeps giving memories of one of the best vacations of my life!!!!
The staff seemed to mesh in perfectly with the landscape of the hotel; they were always available but unobtrusive. Everyone seemed to be infused with a sunny disposition there. All of the staff spoke English and one even knew five languages! The rooms were housed in casita like units, which gave the hotel a comfortable vibe, unlike what you find at some of the more sterile chain hotels. My room had a lovely patio where I could relax and read to the music of chirping birds. The room was comfortable and clean with whitewashed walls and red tiled floors that reflected the exterior architecture perfectly. The AC worked fantastically and the showers had a steady nice stream.
The hotel had a really cozy pool, which lended to the hotels rustic charm. There was also a bigger pool next door at the hotel owned Aquadream, which is a water park full of action packed rides for both kids and adults. The location of Hotel La Jacia is ideal, the beach is within walking distance, as is the biggest supermarket in town which is located inside of a convenient plaza. Puerto Cervo is minutes away as is the best nightlife and restaurants. Just down the road is Phi Beach which is believed to be the most beautiful nightclub in the world, a MUST SEE. We ate breakfast and lunch at the hotel most days because we really loved the eclectic menu; it had a California flair but also satisfied our craving for Italian food. Definitely have the fish tacos, they were amazing, impossible to find anywhere in Sardinia or in Italy for that matter.
If you are looking for a hotel that epitomizes the look and feel of the Mediterranean, that has comfortable amenities, a great staff and location, than look no further than The Hotel La Jacia

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

The service was exceptional from the minute I set foot in the lobby. What surprised me is that most of the staff spoke English since I do not know how to speak Italian. I was fearful that checking into the hotel was not part two of a nightmare of not knowing English ( the cab driver did not speak an ounce of English which cost me a fortune and a lot of run arounds - and I knew he wasn't trying to take advantage of an American tourist like myself). The clientele is very diverse. I befriended German tourists on vacation to weekend vacationers from Milan. I was also surprised that the property is pet and family friendly.

I decided to stay at Hotel La Jacia after reading the reviews and after an Italian friend suggested I stay here. Here are the things I liked about the property from my experience:

1)The Restaurant:
I enjoyed the free continental breakfast, BUT you can also order a hot breakfast or lunch items from the kitchen which was delicious.
a)The chef was very hospitable and accommodated my "Los Angeles" demands without any hesitation i.e. omelet with no oil and substitute fruit for potatoes.
b) After getting sick of pizza and pasta, I decided to order the burger for lunch one day and was surprised at how delicious it was. It's a hybrid between a Father's Office burger & Beachwood in Los Angeles.

2) The Room:
Very nice room that made me feel like I was in Tuscany.
a) They upgraded my room free of charge which was great.
b) I had an ocean view from my balcony
c) Clean and spotless
d) Air conditioner was powerful especially during the hot summer days.

3) The Location:
Location is central to everything. You're a walk away from a major grocery store, great restaurants and the beach. The front desk also was instrumental in helping me navigate around the city. For example, they told me to check out Phi Beach, Blues Cafe & Ritual after asking the staff a great night life venue. All recommendations were as described. They also helped me get a rental car that was delivered to me at the hotel for 25 euros each way.

4) All the staff was helpful even when I kept on asking for more towels.

I would highly recommend this property to anyone visiting Sardegnia.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Åsa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

Stayed for one night with 3 kids. Staff was very, very friendly and helpful. Lovely breakfast. Waterpark closed since it was low season but the kids enjoyd the pool.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

We were travelling with our 7 year old boy and chose the hotel because it was adjacent to the water park. We booked our room on Expedia which did not mention that the water park was closed for our dates. Understand that when the park is closed (it had only been closed for a week) all the water is green and very unpleasant looking. I'm sure when its open its great for kids however when its closed its horrible. The hotel pool was also poorly maintained. We cancelled our second night and drove onto the Golfo de Oresei a day earlier. Good decision! The hotel would not offer any discount or refund for our cancelled second night although they finally acknowledged that the water park closure had not been noted on Expedia (having intially insisted that the dates were noted on Expedia). Hotel reception manager was unhelpful and curt. We were one of only 3 rooms booked for this period. I stongly recommend you look at the photos we took and judge for yourself. Do not go to this hotel if the waterpark is closed! During these periods it's a ghost resort and not maintained. It was a disappointing start to our time in Sardinia, however thankfully the rest of our time in other hotels was fabulous.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

Spent 2 nights at this hotel and would thouroughly recommned it ! V good location for Costa Smerelda ! Almost straight run from Olbia Airport on the main road into Baia Sardinia , good signs to indicate way ! Situated right next to a waterpark great fun for the kids and we even got a free days entrance tkt to park for the whole family ! Advise to get there early as gets very busy in high season. A few shops and a couple of restaurants within walking distance ! Further down the main road about 5 minute drive is Baia Sardinia lots of restaurants bars ,shops etc and great beach although very busy !

Hotel itself is spread out in small buildings in lovely gardens typically Sardinian , ground or 1st floor accommodation with seating areas outside . Small Bar area and reception , restaurant serving breakfast and evening meal ! Breakfast good , buffet style usual breads , cakes , meat cheese jams , cereal etc.

Rooms spacious we had a family room with a double bed and bunk beds , fridge minibar Tv and airconditioning ! word of warning though top bunk had no rail so would advise only for older children .

Good for touring area as close to other resorts on coast and also inland !

Swimming pool although quiet small adequate size as most people seemed to out for the day as many beaches close by and also Waterpark on doorstep !

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hotel La Jacia? Share your experiences!