“Stay here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Tres Jolie

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trezzone
Villa Tres Jolie
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Westbrook, Maine
“Stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have just returned home from a two week trip to Italy which included a week at Villa Tres Jolie, and I would go back immediately if I could. Everything said in all the other reviews is true: Dani and Giulio (and Audrey and Roger) are fantastic hosts, and I don't think you could find a more wonderful place to stay. unbelievably beautiful rooms and views; incredibly delicious breakfasts and, when Giulio cooks, dinners; wonderful suggestions for places to visit, including precise directions and timetables for doing so. And two great dogs on top of it all. Definitely do at least one walk with Dani and Giulio; it is a great chance to see the area in a different way.
We loved every minute of our visit, and will dream of a return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Rome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

From the moment you arrive you know you are in heaven and that feeling never leaves you! Dani, Giuglio, Roger and Audrey have thought of everything to make your stay so truly memorable ...so all you have to do is relax and take in the amazing views and soak up the fantastic hospitality. I have stayed in hundreds of places all over the world and not many would I go back to, but this luxurious B&B is already on our list for a revisit. One not to miss.I always say it's the people that make it memorable but here you have it all...fantastic views, beautiful B&B and a wonderful family to look after you. Thanks to you all see you soon !!

Room Tip: we had a room with two balconies overlooking the lake...amazing
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, UAE.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I won't delve into how beautiful this B&B is as this has been covered extensively before.

All of Lake Como & the surrounding areas are absolutely stunning and I am pretty sure lots of the accommodations have the same stunning views. What makes this place special is the family who runs it.

I know most of us from trip advisor land spend hours over hours researching to make the best of our holidays. When staying here, Dani will do this for you so you in turn can relax both at the hotel & the days counting down to it. Danni’s recommendations are spot on be it restaurants, day trips, half day trips and absolutely everything in between.

Go here for a beautiful stress free holiday and make sure you take some time off not doing anything at all & just sit back, relax and enjoy this place.

Lastly, make sure you do dinner at least one of the days (preferably more) when you stay here.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are really special but if you're on a tight budget the standard rooms are just...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

All the reviews are right and this is just a lovely place to stay. The actual building is beautiful and the craftmanship excellent. The views are to die for, no matter what the weather, and the whole atmosphere and friendly welcome are to be remembered for a long time. We visited in April, two couples, as an early birthday pressie to me. The other couple had been before and raved about it but it exceeded all my expectations. Dani and Guilio are a brilliant couple and nothing ever seems too much trouble. Every morning Dani will give you a new place to visit and advise where the best cake shops are (Thank you Audrey also), where to park, what to look out for. Her restaurant recommendations were also excellent and great food and wine were enjoyed in fairly large quantities. One of the best was the meal cooked by Guilio with an excellent wine and good company.
The view looks different every morning and the lakeside walk is a winner although it ended fairly abruptly when we were there but the plan is to continue it and I look forward to getting further around the lake next visit.
Anna's review said it all for me - we arrived as strangers but I feel we did leave as friends and I hope to go back again and do some of the things we were unable to fit into our week there last time.

If you get the chance to go - GRAB it with both hands.

Room Tip: Any room would be lovely, we had one of the deluxe with two windows overlooking the lake and it was...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Whenever I close my eyes and think of my happy place...this will be it!

Our absolute dream home. The stone and wood design with the amazing views of the lake and mountains was breathtaking :)

Dani was amazing with her suggestions of how we should spend the little time we had there. We loved the family friendly atmosphere with Dani's Dad picking us up at the station and Dani's Mom baking wonderful cakes for the morning breakfast spread. And of course who wouldn't love the sauna, whirlpool and free bike rentals :))

We had the pleasure of eating dinner there one night and it was absolutely delicious! We would recommend eating there if you have the chance (i.e. if Guilio is cooking) as it was way better than any meal we had in the nearby town.

We hope to return someday and would recommend this place to all of our friends and family!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This would have to be our most favourite place ever, yes that's right... EVER! All of the other reviews are 100% accurate. We have travelled to Italy and beyond many times before and each time my husband and I go, we like to explore different parts. So in April we had a month in Italy and 6 glorious nights of it was spent in the north at Dani and Giulio's Villa. I have not even the littlest, menial bit of criticism... the place is simply perfect! The loveliest hospitality around, HOSTESS-WITH-THE-MOSTEST Dani is a wealth of knowledge on the area and you literally have your own tour guide, as each morning she provides suggestions on day trips, supplies maps, has fantastic recommendations on restaurants and the like. She and Giulio took my husband and I on a fantastic walk one day, was about 4 or so hours, all around the area through the forest, which was beautiful. This was a great experience, we stopped for lunch, then walked back.

Giulio cooked for us one evening and it was just divine. The setting is gorgeous in the meals area... In April it was still very cold so the fire was on, the red wine was flowing and it was just brilliant! We had a ball. Each afternoon after our days adventure, we would come back and sit with a bottle of red (make sure you try Giulio's cousin's home made red) and a great chat with Dani or her Mum, or both of them. And always a great laugh was Roger, Dani's Dad... he was great company. All the meals we had there were excellent... breakfast each morning was beautiful and fresh, Giulio's meal of course and we also tried his cheeses with our wine and had succulent olives as well.

The room we stayed in (Deluxe Ulivo) was absolutely perfect. Spacious, charming, beautifully appointed with all of Giulio's hand crafted wood, very comfortable bed, extremely clean, great bathroom and the view, my god THE VIEW! You are literally living in a postcard. There's no other way to say it! And the thing I also loved being health conscious, is that there isn't any wireless in the room (Just downstairs in the meals area) so you can literally switch off, have the most amazing, rejuvenating sleep and wake up to the best view you'll ever see and begin your day of exploring with amazing vigour and vitality! Oh and also, the food that Dani and Giulio serve is organic so another huge plus!

Their gorgeous dogs were such a comfort for us as we were missing our fur child terribly. Lorenzo is the cutest little thing, Judy of course, such a beauty and the gorgeous Ginger the cat.

My husband and I loved going for runs in the morning, it's a great way to soak it all in and explore. Dani was able to help with running routes too (she knows everything this woman!) We also hopped in the sauna which was a great little detox amongst all the vino and great food haha!

It is simple to get around. We had a car and we would drive down to the ferry and explore the other areas. Plus just an hour away is Switzerland! So one morning we set off and had a coffee in St Moritz...! We took some amazing photos along the way as there was still plenty of snow around. Nearby Chiavenna was just gorgeous, we ate at a few divine places there. Dani will be able to give you the names.

So all in all, Villa Tres Jolie is simply the best. Without a doubt my husband and I will be returning. Next time we'll come in the summer so we can experience Lake Como in a warmer climate. We hold this place very close to our hearts as the experience we had was second to none. It doesn't deserve 5 stars, it deserves 10! You won't find nicer people and you wont find better service, care and attention to detail.

"You arrive as strangers and leave as friends".

Love you guys!

Anna and Daniel xo

Room Tip: We stayed in the Deluxe Ulivo room, it was wonderful and the view was phenomenal... would definitely...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Xi'an, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

What more can I add to what has already been said? Very little is the answer so I will simply wax lyrical in the same manner. Firstly Roger and Audrey are lovely people, so genuine and generous with their time and their efforts to make things great, always taking the time to speak to us, while we especially appreciate Roger's coming to get us on the first day - simply a taste of things to come. Giulio is a gem, such a warm man, always uncomplaining about shuttling us backwards and forwards and cooking us a delicious meal - especially the cheese with the balsamic vinegar and the tiramisu! Then we have the dogs who are truly adorable - big puppy Sofia and elder stateswoman Judy, fronted of course by the 'Dogfather' Lorenzo (he even has horse's heads on his collar!). Then there's the standard of the rooms, clearly handcrafted with local wood by Giulio's own expert hand, the 1st floor double opening onto the panoramic view being ours - no less than stunning. But above all these things, the lifeblood and heartbeat of the place, is Dani. To say she goes beyond the call of duty is a dire understatement. She manages to combine the role of tireless hostess, witty raconteur and local expert with the same sincerity with every single guest, though I have to give extra special thanks for her sensitive treatment of my 'less mobile' parents while they stayed with us. All in all five stars are not enough. Tres jolie indeed eh Giulio ;)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Villa Tres Jolie? Share your experiences!