“A bad choice (if you choose the "Economic room")” 2 of 5 stars

Albergo Milano
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Manifattura 21, 25041 Boario Terme, Italy   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Boario Terme
Madrid, Spain
“A bad choice (if you choose the "Economic room")”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

I chose this hotel for two reasons: 1) A suggestive (economic) offer that I found on a specialised web, and 2) the good scores on webs like Trip Advisor. The "economic room", as they call the offer at the hotel, included a very old room, not renewed in at least 30 years or more! So my opinion is based on a very concrete experience. The furniture and the equipment of the room (telephones, lamps) dated back from the seventies. The canvases hanged on the walls were also from this period and the damages of the walls had been rudely repaired with concrete. Personally, I have no problems about that, but it was not really the kind of room that I was expecting to find. Despite this, I must say that the room was reasonably clean.

The man at the reception desk inquired us about how we found the room, and when I told him that is was a very old room he laughed loudly at us with a big smile, so he was very conscious about the quality of the product that they offer.

The experience was really bad. The room was noisy and in the first night was occupied by flies, "king size flies". The hairdryer died burnt short after we plugged it. The sheets of the bed were labelled with the name of a second hotel (Excelsior) and roughly mended. The pillow (aka brick) was very hard and very uncomfortable. Wifi was available with a weak signal in just a point of the room.

The staff was not unkind at all, and the breakfast was just OK. However our general impression was not positive. I feel a bit ripped off, since they should made clear during the booking process that you are booking an old and low-quality room. I don't know how the other rooms are, but I sincerely discourage other users from booking the so called "economic room".

Room Tip: I strongly recommend not to book an "economic room"
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Albergo Milano? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Albergo Milano

Address: Via Manifattura 21, 25041 Boario Terme, Italy
Location: Italy > Lombardy > Province of Brescia > Boario Terme
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Boario Terme
Hotel Class:3 star — Albergo Milano 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Albergo Milano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Albergo Milano, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.