“A beautiful holiday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel Due Golfi

You added Grand Hotel Due Golfi to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Due Golfi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Nastro Azzurro 1, 80064 Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi, Massa Lubrense, Italy   |
London, United Kingdom
“A beautiful holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

What a beautiful place for a holiday. The weather was excellent, warm but some breeze and not stiflingly hot but the best thing of all is the view from this hotel right across the bay of Naples to Vesuvius. The staff are friendly, polite and helpful. Great to have a small balcony and a swimming pool. Plenty of outdoor areas to sit and relax in. The free minibus service to Sorrento is great. We did not need a car as used this shuttle service and other local buses. (N.B.You can buy bus tickets from reception staff and need a ticket for paying bus before getting on. minibus service is free though. We did not eat dinner in hotel ( we preferred to eat out in st. Agatha or in Sorrento which made our meals cheaper) but breakfast was lovely with so much choice. We also loved the musical entertainment, Marcello on his guitar. lovely relaxed evenings listening to him, enjoying the spectacular views, some guests danced. The bar staff were very attentive and the drinks were reasonable. Beautifully cleaned rooms and marbled staircases. Also an efficient lift if required. An excellent holiday and would love to come back. We did not have a sea view but would love to next time! Thank you to all the staff who made our stay so comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
duegolfi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Due Golfi, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words following your recent stay with us.
I was so happy that we met your expectations and as I always do I have passed on your kind words to my team as I believe you can have the best facilities in the world but without the service to back this up it means nothing.
Many thanks,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Cornwall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night at this hotel. A lovey hotel, with good outside areas to enjoy. If you pay extra for a room with views over Sorrento and the Bay of Naples you will not be disappointed as those views are just stunning.
Staff were pleasant and helpful. Room was fairly small but well furnished and clean. Breakfast provided a good selection. The only downside for us was the distance from Sorrento itself. The taxi from the station in Sorrento cost over 40 euros. The hotel, however, did provide a free shuttle service. However, we preferred to stay in Sorrento to be near to everything there and for ease of trips to the area in general.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room with views of Sorrento and Bay of Naples.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
duegolfi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Due Golfi, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Madame,
Thank you for your kind feedback following your stay with us.
I was pleased to read that you found our service to be pleasant and friendly as this together with our attention to detail are the cornerstones of our service philosophy.
It surprised me that you didn’t enjoyed our location, as mostly of our guests find it perfect for trips into the area profiting of our complimentary shuttle service and for relax thanks to the quite of the village.
Thank you for your comment about the breakfast buffet. I certainly believe that everybody visiting Italy hope to have good food and we do receive many positive comments from our guests regarding the variety of choice offered on our breakfast and evening meal.
Kind regards and many thanks once again for your feedback.
wigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

what a place staff helpfull rooms great but do get a sea view it was worth the extra money!!

food was good they did try and cater for my wife who is vegetarian.
the mini bus is ideal to get into town but there is a good walk that is worth doing brings you out in the main square.
would def recommend to any one to go !!!!!!!

Room Tip: book a sea view room !!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,
many thanks for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Grand Hotel Due Golfi. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service that we offer.
I have shared your feedback with my team.
Please do come back and see us soon.
Kind regards,
Todmorden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went here to Sant'Agata to this hotel knowing that it was 8km from sorrento(its too far to walk and not safe as no paths) but was aware that the hotel has a free shuttle bus, but so do most of the hotel's in the area and also that there was a bus stop outside the hotel, but we only ever used the free hotel bus, we the hotel recommends you book your place in advance.

The hotel itself is nice, we only booked B&B as we like to eat some where different every night, we found breakfast disappointing, no breakfast tea, only scrambled eggs and one other hot option, but lots of other continental breakfast options, but on the day of departure the hotel gave us a packed breakfast as we were leaving early which is a nice touch.

The 2 best things about the hotel are the staff who are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble, especially the reception staff. And the view from your room if you have a sea view over the bay of Naples. The rooms are a bit small but with a decent size bathroom, which had a very good shower, the room also had a good air conditioning with a mini bar.

The room was cleaned every day but the cleaners start at 8.30am and can be noisy shouting at each other which is the Italian way, and woke us up most days, also the room doors shut themselves when you leave your room and are very loud when they shut.

The pool is only small but adequate and is of a good temperature, the hotel gives out free towels for use around the pool, and there are plenty of sunbeds around the pool and in the garden behind the hotel over looking sorrento, you just have to be up early to get the best ones. Sometimes we eat around the pool we had a simple menu but the food was nice.

Don't forget about the bedroom tax 1.50 euro per person, per night paid on departure, plus we used sorrento cars which can be found on trip advisor for transfers, which was the cheapest and gave a good service.

Overall this is a good hotel but feel some people reviewing this hotel may have got carried away, its a good hotel and i would recommend it, but its not the best, but i would go back again.

Room Tip: do get a sea view room its worth the money.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,
Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay with us.
I was glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay, the view and that you found all the staff very helpful.
Having read your comments I would like to apologize for the issues you had with the cleaners, I have passed this on to my housekeeper team to follow up. I will be personally looking in to this.
I am desolated to know that you were dissatisfied with the variety of our breakfast buffet we want to offer the very highest standard of cuisine and we will value your comments in order to reach our goals.
I was happy to read that in general you liked the hotel, the service we provide and that you will recommend and come and stay with us again.
I really do hope that you will visit us again in the future.
Kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed from 19th July to 2nd August and had a fabulous time, this region of Italy has so much to offer and a mountain location was ideal, its very hot this time of year so location was a bit cooler being at the top of the mountain. There is a courtesy bus so no issue going in and out of Sorrento town. If the times are not convenient the local bus service is efficient. Walking to town I wouldn't advise as there are no pavements and the roads are very scarey.
The hotel is lovely, clean, efficient, good food and excellent service. We were greeted when we arrived at 11:30 at night by a lovely lady Giovanna who gave us a big smile and made us a lovely drink. The serving staff here were wonderful, the hotel should treasure them, they helped to make our holiday fabulous.
I would have no doubts about recommending this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,
I was so glad to read your feedback following your stay at The Grand Hotel Due Golfi.
I was delighted that you enjoyed the service we provide to our guests. I am very proud that my team delivered this high levels of service to you and that we met your expectations. As always I will be passing your kind words on to my great team.
I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.
My kindest regards,
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

8km on a switchback road out of Sorrento left us wondering where we were going - but all our worries were left behind when we caught our first sighting of the beautifully kept hotel with its friendly, professional staff. The rooms at the back of the hotel ( also the restaurant and lounge) overlook the terraced garden and have stunning views over the bay of Naples, and the rooms at the front overlook the tree lined drive and mountains. The lift goes up to the 3rd floor - there are 3 rooms on the 4th floor so when you book mention if you can't manage the stairs. We stayed on the 4th floor and the room was lovely - and bigger than some of the others! The food is great - typically Italian with plenty of variety. There is a frequent shuttle bus down into Sorrento (15 - 20 mins) plus there is a bus stop right outside the gate. It is a fabulous, individual hotel in a stunning setting and we would certainly go again.

Room Tip: Rooms at back have lovely sea view. Lift goes up to 3rd floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
duegolfi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Due Golfi, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Madame,
Thank you for sharing this great review of your time at The Grand Hotel Due Golfi.
I am delighted to read that you found the hotel to be fabulous and in a stunning setting.
It gives me great pleasure to know that you found the food great; we take great pride in the quality of our restaurant.
Thank you for your lovely words regarding the professional and friendly service that you received throughout the hotel; I will be sure to share your kind words with all of my team here.
It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you again!
Kind Regards
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

When we arrived on a rather damp Monday afternoon we looked at each other with a feeling of trepidation and isolation - the hotel is 8km out of Sorrento and the road just seemed to go on forever. We needn't have worried - what an absolutely fabulous hotel. The staff are probably the most friendly and helpful that we have ever come across - particularly Deborah in the bar and Giuseppe at the pool. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and the view from our room (305) was just breathtaking - looking down over Sorrento and the Bay of Naples and across to Mount Vesuvius. The free minibus to and from Sorrento was extremely useful and always ran to time. The restaurant provided a good selection of dishes, both at breakfast and dinner, with everything cooked and presented to a very high standard - thank you Franco, Guido, Giovanna and Guisy (apologies for the spelling). The Gala Dinner Night each week was great fun. It was just lovely relaxing outside under the wisteria with one of a good range of cocktails before going in for dinner. On the two occasions that we decided to eat out in Sorrento in the evening, we were able to switch dinner for lunch - there was no menu, just say what you wanted and it appeared. We would strongly recommend the trip to Capri and the Sorrento Musical - both arranged through reception and both a wonderful experience. The only thing that we found rather strange was that you couldn't pay cash for anything and had to charge everything to your account but this certainly didn't distract from a most fantastic holiday. We will most definitely return. Thank you to everyone at the hotel.

Room Tip: You must make sure that you get a room overlooking Sorrento, Mount Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,
Thank you for sharing this great review of your time at The Grand Hotel Due Golfi, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
It gives me great satisfaction to know that you were well looked after and that we were able to offer our assistance to you during your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all the team here, especially the ones you mentioned.
Thank you also for your comments about the good selection of dishes at breakfast and dinner. I certainly believe that everybody visiting Italy hopes to have good food and we do our best to meet your expectations.
I truly appreciate you recommending our hotel and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Grand Hotel Due Golfi? Share your experiences!