“Was very excited but was let down within 2 minutes” 2 of 5 stars

You added Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dublin Road, Trim, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Trim
“Was very excited but was let down within 2 minutes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Had booked christy moore package as a very special treat for a birthday gift. Had added a specification/ question re reservation which was not replied to. Booked a twin room as there was no double option at time of booking. I had completely forgot to follow it up. When queried with reception at check in I got a very rude response! I have stayed here before and was bowled over by how fantastic staff were, however this has changed! Not a future wedding venue for us as a result.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here for one night while attending the Christy Moore concert (who was amazing by the way). Have been to this hotel on many occasions as we live locally but never stayed over. Check in was efficient but the receptionist I felt could have been a little friendlier. Room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. Decor is top class. Before and after the concert we went to the Swift Bar. It was very full and very difficult to get served at the bar. Didn't find bar staff a bit friendly and the service was extremely slow. Apart from that though there was a great atmosphere with live music. Breakfast was very good, a wide selection of hot and cold foods. My only complaint was that there was no Gluten Free bread for me but otherwise everything was very tasty. Would definitely consider staying here again and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I spent one night mid-week at this hotel accompanied by my sister. No longer young, we hoped for a nice quiet stay and good food. This we got, in very pleasant surroundings. Our bedroom was lovely (twin, as requested), warm and comfortable,with crisp white linen. The en-suite was well-equipped and spotless.- I would have preferred a walk-in shower, but that is an age-related idiosyncrasy!

Reception staff were pleasant and efficient and our partricular thanks go to Kate who was especially welcoming, kind and helpful. It was good to see so many 'guests' staying at the hotel in mid-week Winter - testimony, I guess, to the good marketing being done by your award-winning Clara. Good girl, Clara!

We had dinner in the Rococo - very enjoyable, nicely prepared and presented. The soup was particularly good. A bottle of Chardonnay (any Supermarket standard for €7-8) came in at a hefty €31 - was o.k. but certainly not memorable.

There was a great and varied selection of foods and juices available for breakfast. When it comes to "cooked breakfast", I'm not a great fan of the self-service variety, smacking of mass-production, but can also appreciate its advantages for the hotelier. There was certainly plenty of choice and I enjoyed what I selected, but I'll pass on the black pudding next time (unless you start using Clonakilty!!). I'll remember this, as I'm visiting again next week. The coffee ... best forgotten...so a pot of tea was immediately brought to me. Oh dear, tea??, ah, but the rest of the breakfast was good. (I must immediately say that I had an absolutely gorgeous cup of tea afterwards made in the bedroom with one of the the tea bags routinely provided by you.in the room.) What on earth happened the other beverages? Nothing, I believe; you simply need to change your brands...words are useless - it is not rocket science!

There was a nice jewellery for sale display far-right of Reception - my sister bought some.
One of the girls at the desk inside the door leading to Spa was pleased to show us all that was available...a great little sales lady...my sister discovered she is getting married in February so hope she doesn't leave you then. Thank you.

As I said, I shall be back next week D.V.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dublin Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Came here for a couple of nights to celebrate my husband's birthday and relax. Upgraded to a junior suite and it was spacious and comfortable. This was our third visit to Knightsbrook and we enjoyed the fact that the hotel was quiet with no wedding or other function. Nice welcome at reception and we enjoyed a couple of rounds of golf on the long but well kept course - the weather was great so that made it even more pleasurable. Also had a good massage each in the spa. Only small issue was very noisy other spa guests in the relaxation room - not the fault of the spa staff but did not create an environment we wished to linger in. Perhaps a verbal reminder to spa guests that the relaxation room is not the place for loud conversations. Food excellent. Enjoyed a very nice meal in the main restaurant the first night - excellent fish and steak. Had very good bar food the second night. Breakfast also very good. All in all a very nice stay and we will return.

Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

stayed there with my fiancée during the week for one night for her birthday. the staff were very helpful, welcoming and professional. the food was excellent and we didn't have to wait to long on it either which is always a plus. my fiancée had a spa treatment the following morning and despite running 10 minutes late the staff were more than accommodating she thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a quiet relaxing break

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Just back from a weekend break in knightsbrook hotel and from the start to end of our stay i cant fault the hotel ...as we drove up to it...yes as people said it seems to be in a housing estate but there more like luxury houses(which didnt put me off) ...the receptionist was so friendly i instantly relaxed and looked forward to my stay ...the rooms were big.. a double bed and a single and they had a balcony which was lovely to look out over the fields/golf course...my mother needed a fridge for her medication and it was delivered straight to our room(no hassle)...
The dinner was lovely and the entertainment in the lounge was great he had everyone up dancing(young and old)...
breakfast was a great selection..
Went for a spa treatment the next day and the spa is so tranquil i could have stayed all day ....also a very relaxing massage by christine (thank you)
Would i go back YES and i've dropped hints for a voucher for xmas from my otherhalf :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had visited Knightsbrook in July for a wedding, so jumped at the chance to return again for a night.
We had a lovely welcome by the reception staff, my Partner played golf and I walked around with him until it rained!! He said that the course was in fantastic condition, based on the recent rain and the time of year.
Dinner that night was absolutely fantastic, we had the seabream and the sauce was to die for!
Breakfast was again lovely the next day. I had a really lovely boiled egg which I ordered with no problem at all - staff overall were extremely welcoming and warm!

Looking forward to our next trip there when we get an opportunity!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!