“Great 4 day stay at Knightsbrook holiday home!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dublin Road, Trim, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great 4 day stay at Knightsbrook holiday home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband's family booked a 4 day stay at one of the Knightsbrook holiday homes which is located within the grounds of the hotel itself. Considering there were 8 adults and 2 children staying together I wasn't too sure if there would be sufficient room in the house for us all. I was worried we would constantly be tripping over one another. How wrong I was! The house was a brilliant size. Each of the bedrooms were massive so there was no problem in sharing the space. A downstairs bathroom and en-suites made sure that we didn't have to queue to use the loo! The kitchen had a washing machine, dishwasher, electric hob and oven as well as a decent sized fridge/freezer etc so it had all the mod cons of home. I also appreciated the fact that they had a hairdryer and ironing board at the house as well. The beauty of the holiday home versus the hotel was the fact that we could use all of the hotel facilities but had complete flexibility in terms of suiting ourselves. I know the free children's club at the hotel from 11am-2pm (including free lunch for the kids) and 6-9pm was a godsend for my brother and sister-in-law as my 8 year old niece was kept busy throughout the stay. My in laws also took full advantage of the discounted rate on the golf and all thought the course was excellent. Obviously, because we had self catering facilities, we mainly ate at the house but we did go for dinner one evening to the hotel bar terrace area and it was lovely. Good selection of food at decent prices. I didn't use the hotel swimming pool but the kids did and loved it. I had a lovely treatment at the spa which was really relaxing and again affordably priced. All in all this resort has everything a family would need, all within the one complex which is ideal. The small town of Trim is a half an hour walk with various sights to check out for example: Trim Castle (although beware of the 3 Euro per person charge to go in!!). We were lucky in securing an excellent special deal of 479 Euro in total for the house for 4 days but I'm not too sure what the "usual" rate is. Because we all brought food and drink down with us, it meant a very affordable and great value short stay holiday for all of us.

Room Tip: I have to be honest and say the only downside to our holiday was noise from guests attending wedding...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear McAuley2007

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel Courtyard Homes. I am delighted the facilities suited all of your needs and that this ensured a comfortable and enjoyable stay for you and your family.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Knightsbrook in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We are currently in the hotel on a two night stay so we will write another review on completion of our stay!
Very impressed so far. We are in room 208 which is a nice room with a lovely balcony, close to the lift but not too close! We spent time in the thermal suite which was nice, not overally impressive as it's small. We had dinner which was excellent, both food and service very impressive. Our room is well appointed and clean. We will write a thorough review on Wednesday!

• Stayed July 2013
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Myriamclancy

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you are enjoying your stay with us so far. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please contact Reception and let us know. I hope you enjoy the remainder of your stay

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the last year. Things I like about the hotel:
- an impressive lobby and foyer; acres of marble and gold leaf.
- a picturesque location in the Meath countryside and handy for the town of Trim
- the rooms are clean and spacious
- the breakfast is good, served in the impressive Rococo dining room. I particularly admire the chandeliers!
- lots of facilities - golf course, spa, leisure centre, swimming pool, and a couple of bars.
- housekeeping staff are responsive and efficient.

Things I don't like
- too few front of house staff means there's no-one to porter your luggage, and there are often empty beer glasses and tea-cups in the public areas where it's not anyones job to clear them away. I often feel the reception staff consider the conclusion of their own conversations a priority over serving their clients.
- the artwork in the corridors and rooms are photographs of the locality that have been printed out and put into cheap frames. It looks tacky.
- condiments in plastic sachets.
- the promotions and specials are down-market - the New Years "Gathering" features a free bottle of Budweiser on arrival!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Simes69

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Knightsbrook Hotel. I appreciate the detail you have gone to regarding various departments and areas in the hotel and I will be sure to bring these to the attention of the Head's of Department at our next meeting.

I hope that you will return to stay at Knightsbrook Hotel in the near future.

Lisburn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a friend's wedding reception and it was very good. The food at the wedding was lovely and the venue itself was quite good. The rooms are spacious and clean, although our bathroom was a bit dated. The breakfast the next morning was great quality and overall we had a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear sarahaaron

Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments following your visit to Knightsbrook Hotel. I hope that I will get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Banbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Knightsbrook was the location of our wedding! " best wedding we have ever been to" this is what our guests were saying about our wedding! Our day went like clockwork, thanks to Snead and Caroline who looked after us and made us feel so special. The hotel added their own surprises also which were exciting! :) The food was amazing, the BBQ the next day out in the garden area in front of the golf course was superb! Our guests were more than satisfied. Thank you to all at knightsbrook :)Sarah and Shane

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sarah K

Thank you for reviewing Knightsbrook Hotel and we are delighted you chose us to host your Special Day. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to Sinead & Caroline and on behalf of all of us here we wish you and Shane all the very best in your future together.

I hope we will see you back at Knightsbrook Hotel for many years to come.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Had my daughters wedding reception in Knightsbrook recently. The care to detail before and during the wedding were excellent. The staff were very courteous,polite and very helpful.The food for the wedding reception was of a very high standard. I would not hesitate to recommend Knightsbrook for a wedding reception to anyone getting married. Looking forward to spending some time there in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Patrick M

Thank you for sharing you experience following your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel for your Daughter's Wedding. I hope that you will get the chance to come and stay with us again soon and please pass on our Congratulations once again to your Daughter and Son-In-Law on their Wedding!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

What a great place. From the time we walked into the reception to see the big foyer and the warm welcome fro the girl at reception .all the staff were so friendly.
The spa treatment my wife received was wonderful. The only problem was that one of the special offers at the spa was not available ,but this was due to the high take up of the offer over the weekend. The bed rooms were clean and large.. The food in the restrauenet was of a high quality. .
If there is one small point we were on a package deal which included a 3 course meal. There was only 3 choices on the menu As I said only a small point .This location is only a short trip from Dublin so location was perfect. Would we go back ? YES . The next time i will try the golf.

Room Tip: I think the rooms overlooking the golf course might be a little better
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JMB58

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I will be sure to pass your comments to all the staff and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager

Been to Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!