“relaxing weekend” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dublin Road, Trim, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Trim
“relaxing weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

we had a very relaxing weekend in this hoter friendly and helpful staff the room was large and very clean and well equipped, the bed was comfortable, not too firm. Bathroom spotless. The view from our 3rd floor window overlooked the golf coarse which wasnt too bad. The town of Trim was a approx 10 minutes drive. The food was very good with a good choice and ample sized portions. The only problem we had was finding the hotel which in the end we had to ask a few people before finding someone who knew the location

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear farrig

Thank you for posting your review of Knightsbrook Hotel and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. My apologies you had some difficulty locating the Hotel, but our staff are available by phone to assist with any directions required. I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager

747 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just back from one night b&b evening meal and golf at this hotel. I must say that the hotel is
very good. The rooms are excellent, the staff are friendly, the bar is pretty good. Indeed it
is difficult to find cause for complaint. The evening meal menu was slightly limited but the
presentation of the food was very good. The food itself was just OK but no real complaints.
The golf course is long and quite tricky.A great test of golf even for the low handicapper.I
do not think it would be a course for players of 20 or above. There were twelve of us on
this trip and we had a great time. We all decided that we will return to this hotel perhaps
later in the year to try and improve our scores.Worth a visit for all golfers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ken m

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I will certainly pass on your comments regarding the menu and food to our Chef and team and hope that on your next visit there will be more choice available to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back throughout the year.
Kind regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We recently held our wedding reception in Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort and I have to say we cannot recommend this beautiful hotel enough to anyone thinking of a venue in Trim. Our guests are still calling us to rave about everything from the food to the decor of the banqueting room and hotel in general to their bedrooms. The staff were amazing, so polite and helpful to our guests. I cannot thank the events Team Sinéad and Niamh, the lovely Caroline and Kate on reception enough for their utter professionalism and expertise ensuring myself, my husband and our guests wanted for nothing during our stay, and also Patrick for such a warm welcome. Our guests also availed of the use of the leisure facilites on the day after and were delighted with the value for money they received knowing this was all included in the price of their stay. Others used the opportunity of the next day to sample the golfing and spa facilites. Some of our guests also used the courtyard homes and could not believe the comfort and luxury they found within their 'home'. We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for an event or mini break and would encourage you to sample the hospitality for yourselves.

Sinéad & Derek Doyle 2nd March 2013

Room Tip: Ask for a Golf View Room to enjoy a beautiful view of the Golf Course or if you do not mind a more s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Sinead B

Firstly, Congratulations once again on your recent Wedding! and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others of Knightsbrook Hotel.

I am delighted that Caroline, Sinead, Kate and all the team helped to make your Special Day a memorable experience for you and that you and your guests got the chance to enjoy all we have to offer here at Knightsbrook.

I wish you both every happiness in your future together and hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to Knightsbrook Hotel in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We got marrried the first week of February and our reception was held at the Knightsbook Hotel, It was just absolutly perfect from start to finish. The hotel itself is really beautiful, and the staff are just so nice. All our guests were really impressed with the hotel and the food was amazing. Everything from the minute we arrived was so well organised and the reception room was spectacular. There were so many extra little touches in the day that really made our day so special. We would just like to say a huge thank you to all the staff espesially Sinead, Caroline and Patrick, it truly was the best day of our lives thanks in no small part to the Knightsbrook and its lovely Staff.( oh and my husband said the breakfast the next morning was amazing)
Thanks a million
Donna & Gavin

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Donna S

Congratulations on your recent Wedding and thank you for chosing Knightsbrook Hotel to host your special day. I am very proud of Sinead, Caroline and all the Team here and delighted that they played a part in making this a memorable day for you.

I wish you both every happiness for the future and look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We visited Knight brook on short notice in February for a weekend. In the last 12 months we have stayed at the hotel/houses over 6 times. Each time the staff, facilities, food and all other amenities have been impeccable. All the staff have been not only courteous but very kind and human. It is obviously more than a job to them and you get that clear sense. The hotel is extremely well run and full marks to staff and management who obviously work in harmony to provide what the customer wants. One thing that constantly pleases me is the consistency of quality we encounter. The service is not a one off as we have never went back to anywhere more than two times before. The deals are also competitively priced and once again its their attention to detail that is particularly impressive. They get the small things right and consequently get the big things right. How is this Aoife Mooney one of the staff recalled the exact room number we stayed in over 6 months ago and no she wasn't looking at the computer screen! It really is a very welcoming and lovely place to stay. Could not recommend it highly enough and we will be back again. many thanks

Room Tip: Ask the staff. they will be truthful with you
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear ojae1962

Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review following your latest stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted you and your family enjoyed your visit and to know that the standard of care and attention has been consistent throughout all your stays.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you all back again very soon and that Aoife will have your usual room prepared for you!

Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Our group organised a weekend conference for 70 delegates plus partners. My first contact was with Clara over a year ago, who gave me a quided tour of the hotel facilities and listened intently to my requirements. The venue was spectacular - the hotel, spa and golf club. Within a few days I received a competitive package. From the offset I experienced an excellent service from Clara, Niamh and Therese, who dealt with the booking and rooming allocation. Even when we had fanalised our bookings, there were a few last minute changes, but these were accommdated with politeness each time. Our group experienced a fantastic weekend with general feedback telling us that the venue was excellent, relaxing, spotlessly clean, with spacious rooms, scrumptious food, great spa and golf facilities. Even though the hotel was booked out and had two weddings during our stay, we received 100% attention at all times. The staff were extremely accommodating, polite and professional. I would have no hesitiation in recommending the Kinightsbrook Hotel. I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Patrick, General Manager, Clara, Niamh, Therese, Audrey and the reception staff, Leonard, Mark and the dinning room team and the Bar staff for making our staff a very enjoyable one.
We are already making plans for our return visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Elizabeth D

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on your recent experience at Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted that all the Team here played a part in making your event a success. I look forward to welcoming you back to Knightsbrook Hotel for many future events.

Kind Regards, Patrick Curra, General Manager
Dunleer, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to get married here in February 2013. From the second we looked at the hotel, we fell in love. Sinead, was so professional with our requests and budget. She was always on hand to help or discuss any issues we had. The day was perfect, the second we pulled up outside, management and staff took over.
The room was amazing, I broke down when I saw how beautiful the room was and how the staff had given me my dream day. The food was out of this world and all my guests agreed. The salad, soup, beef and seabass were to die for.

The bridal suite is amazing, a two storey room with beautiful views! We stayed for two nights and the food the second night was beautiful also. All our guests commented on the quality of the food for dinner and breakfast and the reasonable rate for their rooms. They were delighted with their rooms also.

We simply cannot fault this location. We have stayed on two occasions and visited the spa also and I enjoyed each stay immensely. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel as a wedding venue or for a break away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Anne H

Congratulations once again on your recent Wedding and I thank you for sharing your Knightsbrook Wedding Experience. It was a pleasure to welcome you and your guests here for the celebrations and I am delighted that everything went well for your Special Day. I will be sure to pass your comments on to all the team here and look forward to welcoming you back to Knightsbrook for many years to come.

Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager

Been to Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!