“Trim castle Hotel, Trim Co Meath - Visit With Pat Cahill,mgr.Great Info” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trim Castle Hotel

You added Trim Castle Hotel to your Saves list
Trim Castle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Castle Street, Trim, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grain Valley, Missouri
“Trim castle Hotel, Trim Co Meath - Visit With Pat Cahill,mgr.Great Info”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Our group of three stayed two nights..reservations made...still no bed made up for the third, nor was it done the second night. BUT the rooms were very nice, clean and the staff enjoyable. Night mgr. Pat Cahill knows Ireland inside and out and gave us some great tips as not only where to go but how to get there with the most interesting spots along the way.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
NoelComer, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2010
Dear MissouriGal2010
Thank you for your comments and i am delighted that Pat was able to be of assistance to you.
Regards
Noel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
County Down, Northern Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

My husband and I were very impressed with the lovely location and the airy, modern feel of this hotel. We are both vegetarian and had a lovely meal the first night of our stay with very friendly and helpful staff. Our room was very nice, with a balcony. The only problem was that there were balconies either side of ours. just separated by little trees. Little did we know how annoying this would turn out to be. The first night's stay was lovely and we explored Trim castle and Tara the following day and returned to the bar for some drinks later on. The bar staff were so friendly and chatty and made us very welcome. When we retired for our second night's stay we noticed there had been a wedding reception in the hotel and very loud music from the floor below us, which carried on til 2am. We had a long drive home the next day, so we really needed a good sleep.
I just thought we will have to put up with it, as these things happen, though I will always ask in future when I book anywhere, if there will be any weddings! We were on a midweek package too!
The music was the least of our problems, it stopped at 2am! That's when the wedding guests started to pour into the corridor where we were just drifting off. They were screaming and laughing up and down outside our room. They were also in the room next to us and went out to the adjoining balcony, where they began singing and shouting for literally hours on and off. My husband managed to fall asleep and just as I fell asleep, someone banged on our door, waking us again and the noise began again. I noticed I was still awake at half 5 and had an awful night.
In the morning we were exhausted and when we got to reception to check out my husband asked if the bill was in euros or pounds, as it seemed more than we had thought. The lady was quite harsh and didn't answer the simple question, also shouting out that my husband's credit card had been declined and kept repeating this despite the fact that it turned out to be the hotel's fault with their system. My husband told her about the noise of the night before, but she just said there had been a wedding, as if we should accept this. I was sorry that our trip ended so badly, as it was going so well and most of the staff were so lovely.
My advice is to always ask if there will there be any weddings when you book, and not just at weekends!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
NoelComer, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
Dear fluffyduck30
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us.I am delighted that you enjoyed the Hotel in general however i apoligise for the noise disruption you experienced and the difficulty in checking out.We always try to accommodate Wedding revellers on different floors to our leisure guests so as everyone can enjoy a good night's sleep which obviously did not happen on this occasion.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

I had my wedding here at Trim Castle Hotel and I can safely say I had the perfect day. The staff here were top class. Jillian and the lads were brilliant they made sure we had everything we needed and more. We had 300 guests lively ones at that and they were taken care of just as much as my husband and I were. The food was fantastic all our guests were very happy We stayed for two nights and the staff looked after all of us with a great service the second night the same as our wedding night. . The views of the castle are spectacular from the honeymoon suite.Trim village is wonderful and the locals are very welcoming.This is the place for your wedding or a weekend away.. I can not recommend this hotel highly enough. Thanks very much to all the staff for you excellent professional service.
It was a pleasure.
Ann-Marie & Michael.

• Stayed July 2010
Dear AnnMarieMcCreesh
Thank you for your kind comments and once again we hope you both have a wonderful life together and we look forward to welcoming you back to Trim Castle Hotel.
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

The hotel double was booked for a conference and a wedding. Attending the conference and trying to sleep while wedding is going on is impossible. The hotel has no noise isolation and the base feels like being hammered on the head although my room is on the third floor of the hotel. Nice way to prepare for the presentation in the morning.. Very unpleasant experience, you may have a better luck and not be co-located with a wedding, but who knows what else they would do to make your stay "memorable".

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

we went for a wedding and we stayed for a night. Firstly can't fault the hotel, the staff and the food. The only problem we had was we booked one year before the wedding to get a room, when we arrivied there was no rooms available, I had to get dressed for a wedding in a disabled bathroom there was no changing room. We were told there would be a room ready at 2:00pm. 2.30pm we went back to reception and there was still no sign of a room. We eventually got one, it had a disabled bathroom, we are not disabled. We had to wait a further one and a half hours before we got a suitable room for us. Other guest including the Bride and Groom were left waiting longer for a room. There is obviously not enough chamber maids to get room ready for guests.

• Stayed July 2010
NoelComer, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
Dear Travel-Love-X
Thank you for your comments and i am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.Regarding your check-in time,we naturally try to have all rooms ready for guests on arrival however this is very much dependant on the time the guests from the previous evening check out.
I apoligize if this was inconvenient for you.
Kind Regards
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

We had our wedding here on 23 October 2009. The staff were extremely helpful to us in all our dealings. On the day in question they provided an excellent service and did little things to make our guests feel special..extra cushions, courtesy mini bus etc.. They were so kind.The staff could not do enough for us during our stay. Food was really superb and people still talk about the wedding dinner. Rooms were very clean and modern. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Dear LempikaIreland
We really appreciate your kind comments and suffice to say looking after you and your guests was our pleasure.
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I organized a hen night for one of my good friends and had a package deal with the Trim Castle Hotel which included activities on Causey farm. From the moment we arrived we received a 4 star treatment. The staff was extraordinarily attentive and ensured that we were well looked after. The rooms were nice, the location perfect. Causey farm was the best idea for the hen activities -we did everything from milk cows to bake bread to jumping barefoot in the bog as well as Irish dancing and many others. I really really recommend this for a fun hen night. In the evening we had a 5 course meal at the restaurant which was superb. The quality of the food was excellent. Overall my expectations were totally exceeded and I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly. Thank you for ensuring this weekend to be so great!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Melindalinda
Thank you so much for your feedback.We are delighted that you enjoyed our Hen Package and the Hotel in particular.
Kind Regards
Noel

Been to Trim Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!