“Trim Castle Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Trim
l'derry
“Trim Castle Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at your hotel even though it was only one night. On arrival the receptionist was extremely helpful and explained everything to us and made us feel very welcome. The bar staff were very efficient, pleasant and helpful and our evening meal was very good. The rooms were very nice and had everything you need in them and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was also good, lots to choose from. I would recommend your hotel to anyone looking for a break in that area!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
NoelComer, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Karen c

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to Trim Castle Hotel and thank you for your kind comments.I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Noel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Recently spend a night in Trim in lieu of an overnight stay in Dublin, and what a great call! We booked at the Trim Castle Hotel from reviews on Tripadviser, and can recommend it. The hotel is located directly opposite Trim Castle, with the town centre directly behind it. Loads of free car parking beside it, a fantastic Irish breakfast included, spacious rooms, all for 85 AUD.
This hotel deserves all the accolades it gets, staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, location great, soft beds, all we needed and more.

Room Tip: ask for a castle view room
Dear Johnandcath

Thank you for staying with us and we really appreciate your kind comments.I am delighted also that you found your stay with us to be good value for money.

dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I booked a last minute special for 150 e for two people and inner which was great value,used it as an excuse to do some tourist excursions in Co Meath.We wrere given a nice room on 3rd floor with a view of trim castle which was beautiful.There was a wedding on and being a light sleeper I was awake every half hr with music and laughing.I didnt complain as It was normal wedding behaviour and celebrations however,I would not recommed It for a relaxing night away.If its relaxation and calm,I would book elsewhere,there was also a hen party and christening on the same day as the wedding.
the majority of staff were lovely and helpful apart from the breakfast staff on the sunday morning.
For dinner,the meal was lovely,no complaints and all staff helpful,for breakfast it was a different story,No tea or coffee was offered or toast,i had to chase a busy waitress and she looked at me as if i had asked could I stab her mother to be honest,I Know the hotel were busy but this left me in a bad mood with the hotel to be honest and not 4 star service.
I then asked a second waitress could i ahve a poached egg,the buffet is self service but I am vegetatian and asked incase they would,She said no and said just what was on buffet,I later saw a lady get an omlette seperately that she had asked for off another waitress.My 3rd issue(sorry for whinge) was with breakfast buffet.there were no implements for the beans,mushrooms or tomato to scoop them up,as Im veggie I didnt want to use the bacon one to scoop up beans,the waitress rinsed the beans one and handed it back to me and said 'ther ya go',I was appauled by her behaviour.I also at check in,being away as a treat,took the offer of a newspaper being delivered to door on sunday morning which I thought was lovely touch.However,no sign of paper on sunday morn,I was up early and in a quiet corner,no walking outside of my room to have nabbed it,I asked reception at breakfast could I borrow one,they had noipaper for me,I just think 'why offer' if you cant deliever,I have no prob walking to shop and purchase.Sometimes I feel in the recession when people do put there hands in their pockets and go away,service and staff dont appreciate this always and It leaves a bad impression.Overall not to finish on a negative,will I return,'no',will I recommend,'yes' but with precautions and knowledge of hens/wedding etc... and only if u get a good deal,I wouldnt pay over 100 euro a night.Overall staff lovely,not 4 star in my opinion at all times but trim is a nice place to visit,once in my opinion unless u have friends nearby.

Room Tip: a room with balcony is nice
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
NoelComer, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear DublinLouiseireland

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback from your visit.I am disappointed that some aspects of your stay could have been improved upon and i will certainly raise your comments with the team here.

Comber, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed in the Trim Castle Hotel on 26 February 2012. It is a very good hotel in a great location. The view from our room looked over Trim Castle, very romantic! The room itself was ample in size with everything we needed, comfy armchairs, a kettle with tea, coffee & hot chocolate, flat screen TV & one of the most comfortable beds I ever slept in. All the staff are very helpful but the staff in the Bailey Restaurant deserve special mention. Trim town has loads of beautiful sights & walks.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Noodles0789

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and i will pass on your comments to the rest of the team.

Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

My husband attended a wedding in the Hotel on a Friday recently. The Hotel is a modern building and overlooks the Castle in Trim so those visitors hoping for an Irish Castle this is not it!. Our Room was on the 4th Floor and was spacious and very clean. However the rate of €110 is a bit steep now in Ireland for B & B. Breakfast was served buffet style, nothing special just adequate. Room was extremely warm and it was uncomfortable for the guests as a lot complained. Maintenance guy arrive and it seemed to improve afterwards. However the hotel is very warm where ever you go, even with a window open in the room it was very stuffy with no air conditioning available. The wedding was excellent and the food was good. However, despite the fact we were on the 4th Floor and left early at 1am to go to bed, you could still hear the music from the wedding until 2.30am very clearly in our room. I pity any guests who were not part of the wedding party as I don't know how they would have slept. If I was staying for a quiet weekend would have complained. Car park fee was €3 for the night but think this should be free for guests. Staff were friendly and helpful however could do with more on Reception when guests are checking in as there was a long queue when we arrived at 5pm. Checkout was more painless but they did not stamp our car park ticket correctly so we had to go back inside when the barrier would not lift and get it stamped again.
Good hotel for a wedding and shop in the lobby area was excellent. Coffee Shop was also busy with a lot of locals so seems like it is a popular place to go.

Room Tip: If you are booking check if there is a function on and ask to be put as far away as possible from th...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
NoelComer, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Dear dermotswoman

Thank you for staying with us and i am delighted that you enjoyed the Wedding Reception.I appreciate your comments and i hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Hotel was lovely, room n food were great only thing is their function room for weddings is on the 1st floor. We were on the 4th floor and could hear music from a wedding function that was on until 2.30am. We were not part of the wedding party nor were we told there was a wedding on when we booked.
We're a young couple so we're not adverse to a bit of noise or loud music but this was 2 floors below us and was really loud still.
We rang the reception / night porter a few times to complain and asked if we had not informed when we booked that we were not part of wedding party and there was nothing he could do. Why would we inform that we're not part of a wedding party when booking a hotel when we didnt know one was on. My BF had asked is there anything happening when we booked and told "No we're very quiet at the moment" and my BF said great as it's a birthday treat and want a relaxing stay.
Next morning we complained to reception and told the same. Very annoyed, they didnt even offer us a discount on the stay or anything back for the disruption or incovenience and basically said she couldnt do anything.

Room Tip: ASk if there's a wedding function on before you stay!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Alison M

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay with us and i apologise if it was not as relaxing as it should have been.We should have taken more care on the allocation of your room.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We booked this hotel as part of a hen party package in conjunction with Causey Farm which included lunch on arrival at the hotel, our transfer to and from Causey Farm, all activities on the farm, a five course dinner in the hotel restaurant that night, and overnight stay with breakfast the following morning.
We were very impressed with the hotel overall, it is a really nice modern hotel, extremely clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. This package is very good value and everything was taken care of from start to finish. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are booking a hen package or just a weekend away.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
NoelComer, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear Allers82

Thank you for staying with us and we were delighted to have the Hen Party here at Trim Castle Hotel.
I hope you enjoy the wedding celebrations.

Noel

Been to Trim Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!