“The Perfect B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pepperell, Massachusetts
“The Perfect B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Trim was the first stop on our Ireland trip after arriving in Dublin and the White Lodge was our favourite B&B of the trip, in fact it was so good it spoiled us for everywhere else we stayed! Todd welcomed us with a pot of tea and toast, which was very much appreciated after our long flight from Boston. We were impressed at our large, comfortable and modern room and powerful shower. The breakfast was delicious, varied and there was plenty of it. Thanks too to Aileen, who was charming, bubbly and efficient. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. Trim is well worth a visit to see the castle and the other Norman ruins and I would highly recommend staying at the White Lodge B&B. Thanks Todd and Aileen for making our stay a special one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Carlow, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were attending a wedding in the Knightsbrook Hotel and we decided to book into this lovely B&B. We arrived early afternoon and was met by the owner who was very friendly. Straight away he offered to drive us to the hotel so we could leave the car and both drink. This was brillant as we were after driving along way. The house was lovely and spacious and it was a glorious day. However, the room was a bit on the dusty side though-and not super clean specially behind the bed and the doors of the wardrobes were very dusty. Breakfast was absolutely fab with lots to choose from (cereals, breads, cheese, yoghurts, big fry up and georgous filtered coffee) could not fault the food one bit. I would stay here again as its very central to Trim and all its delights. (Beautiful house just stay ontop of the cleaning)

Downpatrick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My partner an I stayed In the White Lodge B&B for the Bon Jovi concert in Slane Castle recently for 2 days. We were met by Todd and right away made to feel at home, Greeted with a smile and a coffee and some toast (before we had even unpacked!), which we were ready for after our long journey. Our room very spacious, clean and with all extras needed for a comfortable stay. Great sleep in a very comfortable bed also was followed by an amazing selection for breakfast. Cereals,porridge,yoghurts,freshfruits and a full cooked irish breakfast. Tea or Coffee (freshly filtered and delicious..not the usual instant you find elsewhere. We had a great time in Trim and Todd explained all the local tourist attractions to visit also. All in All we had an unforgettable weekend and our great stay in the White Lodge B&B was the icing on the cake thanks to Todd and his Family.

Barnegat, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was my Bucket List Trip of My Lifetime & the first place I stayed was with White Lodge B&B for 3 nights. Todd was just so helpful, over & above what most would do. The room was comfortable, clean & fresh, as was the bathroom. The smorgasbord he lies out each morning for breakfast & then on top of that cooks an Irish Breakfast to order is unbelievable! He & Aileen invited me to go to the Pub with them. I had been asking about the old Townland my great grandparents worked & Todd said the bartender at the Pub would know. Sure enough, the bartender called his folks & they told us where it was. The next day Todd drove me there so I would be able to find it. The following day on my way out of town I went there & rang the gate bell to the estate my great grandparents worked back in 1871. The owners were so gracious & showed me all around. The little thatched cottage my great grandfather lived in as a land steward is still there & I rang that bell & was welcomed in also. If it wasn't for Todd going out of his way for a stranger I would not have connected to my great grandparents back in 1871. Thank you Todd & Aileen for your wonderful hospitality & making an old lady feel safe & welcomed.

Room Tip: Ground floor accommodations make it easier for us older citizens of the world. No stairs! Good par...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We called two days in advance and got a room (our plans had changed and we decided to go to Trim). The man is nice and helpful. The place itself is cute and very sunny. I liked the decor. However, the room was a bit on the dusty side though- not super clean. Breakfast was good though. The hosts were very gracious.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Snow Camp, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed three nights in Trim at the White Lodge. The room was spacious as well as the bath. The sitting area was very comfy. Todd was a great host and very helpful with questions and directions. The town is within walking distance from the B&B. The breakfast was wonderful. We drove into Dublin for the day and Todd told us where to park and catch the bus into town. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My dad and I stayed at White Lodge a few nights ago and it was fantastic! The rooms were very comfortable and the hosts were accommodating and friendly as well as wonderful cooks. It had a very homey feel, which is always nice and comforting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to White Lodge Trim? Share your experiences!