“Very friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Kiltimagh
Glasgow
“Very friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Just returned from a week at this hotel and had a lovely time. Rooms are quite big, most with 2 large beds, clean and quiet, possibly a bit soleless. Wifi is a bit tempramental. Staff just couldn't be more helpful, always attentive, eager to please. I was part of a large group and found the food on the whole good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Claire M, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Margo

Thank you for your lovely review, It was great to welcome you to our hotel. Thankfully the Wifi has been fully restored, and I am sorry for the inconvience to you during your stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Castlerea, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We would like to thank the park hotel, for a magical experience. We recently got married here in april! And our experience with Claire and her staff was amazing. Every time we rang the hotel Claire was able to relate right back to our last conversation. Which was something that I was very impressed with. I work in hotels myself and I am always watching out for attention to detail.

On the day of our wedding, wow the hotel was amazing, the service in the bar and ballroom was second to none. I always find it very hard to get proper service in hotels for weddings, but my god I was blowed away. Talk about service. The food was dropped out to our guests and NOBODY was left waiting. It was like a miltary operation. There was loads of staff to drop out extra gravy boats and to collect empty glasses, it truely was very very good. The only complaint that I had heard back from our guests was the amount of food firstly given on the plates and then the seconds.

Claire I placed alot of trust in you and I just want to say thank you for the amazing service the delicious food and for making our guests feel welcome.

I certainly would not have any problems recommending this hotel for a wedding.

Thanks again
Aine

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Aine

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to hear of the feedback you recieved from your guests. It was very important to me that You,Dermot and all your family and friends enjoyed your very special day.

We are a relativly new wedding venue, so taking the time to write this feedback means the world to me and our business.

Looking forward to welcoming you and Dermot back to our hotel for many years to come.

Galway, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The lobby is ok and thats about it here. The service is shocking. Was here a few weeks ago with a friend who ordered soup and a coffee. The person serving tried to take the bowl back of my friend while she had the spoon to her mouth.

Service really is bad. Drinks well over priced. Food is also very bad.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Lucy loves Patrick

I was disappointed to read your review of our hotel. I am not sure what happened on the occasion of your visit to our hotel. My staff are very attentive but usually wait untill someone has finished there meal before they clear away.

We normally have a great reputation for food and service and maybe it is a bit unfair of you to say our food is awful based on a coffee and Soup .

Our bar prices are exactly the same as the local pubs in Kiltimagh, so I am sorry that you find that unreasonable.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

My husband and our 2 children stayed overnight with other family members for a little family reunion. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with smiles and friendly faces from excellent staff members such as Marina and Regina. We had a prompt early check in as it happened. Excellent atmosphere in the bar/ bistrot. Our evening meal was delicious and very well priced. The child friendly environment allowed us to relax all evening. I took advantage of the quiet but well equipped gym the following morning followed by a treatment in the spa. Regina tailored a package to suit me; back massage, mini facial and shellac nails. She was really friendly and extremely professional. I was shocked at the excellent value. The spa offer monthly specials; none of which I have been offered in my usual haunts in north Dublin. Big plus for this hotel. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Margaret

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed you stay with us. I am always pleased to hear our team looked after you all.

The Spa is a wonderful facility here in the hotel and I am delighted that you were able to avail of some treatments.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the future.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Been here a few times now and it's been great everytime. super nice staff too

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Aisling

Thanks a million for taking the time to write your review. It is really appreciated. Hope you see you again

Tipperary, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived in Knock we saw a big sign advertising this hotel and as we had already booked a hotel in Knock we were disappointed as we didn't know beforehand!! However, we decided to go for a drive our there the next day.... When u enter Kiltimagh from Knock you have no signposts?? You turn right and will come across a sign post eventually... When enter car park apart from water feature in front there isn't any other excitement... It isn't near anything or any place... The toilets was our 1st stop and they were a disgrace... The smell of urine was unacceptable in a hotel like this... We went to the bar where tea pot was filthy... We saw enough and will boy be returning to stay...

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Tipperary Girl

Thank you for your review with us here at the hotel. I was disappointed reading your review of our hotel. Unfortuantly we do have a lack of signage to our hotel as it is difficult to get permission from the County council so we have to pay to put up signs up in local fields instead.

Our hotel is situated in its own private grounds with parking and gardens it is a 5 minute walk from the town of Kiltimagh. 10km from Knock Marian Shrine and 15Km from Ireland West Airport !

I am very suprised that you found our bathrooms in a state, The hotel is only 6 years old and the bathrooms are usually spotless. The are checked every hour to maintain a very high level of cleanliness and the decoration is to a very high standard.

It is a shame that by coming into our hotel, using our facilities and buying a cup of tea that you have decided never to return. We have a good reputation for food and service. We always get lovely compliments on our staff.

Mullingar, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I had bought a 2 night saver deal months ago and after looking up reviews recently was a bit nervous about what to expect as some of them weren't very flattering. Worried when arrived as think outside could do with a bit of prettifying. But from the moment we went through the door, everything was wonderful. Lovely hotel, public areas look newly decorated to me. Big, airy, comfortable room. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. But the best part was the food. It was delicious. Kiltimagh itself is nothing to write home about but we travelled around a lot which is normal for us when we go anywhere. After eating in the bar Friday night, and having a really tasty breakfast Saturday morning, we headed off but decided to come back to the hotel for lunch as it was so nice. Headed off out in the evening to watch the rugby and came back to the bar for dinner. My other halfs steak was perfect and my chicken maryland was one of the best plates of food I have ever eaten!!! Lovely hotel, no complaints whatsoever and will definitely be back. And think the voucher deal is very clever marketing. Rooms are filled with the reasonable rate and I know in our case and probably many others, there was a lot of money spent on food and drink which mightn't have been spent if we'd had to fork out for dear accommodation. Well done Park Hotel, you delivered well! Petrena x

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Petrena

Thank you so much for your review. I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future

Claire Mc Dermott

Been to Park Hotel? Share your experiences!