“"great view"” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Doonbeg
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: this is the main casual restaurant in the doonbeg lodge. it's open to the public, not just residents of the hotel.
ireland
“"great view"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

good variety on menu for a golf club,good athmosphere all round,caeser salad very large,chicken wings tasty,staff friendly.would reccomend eating there after a round of golf.

Visited August 2013

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Galway Oysters - unbelievable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Had to write up these amazing oysters at just 12 euro for 6, well presented and outstanding quality, flavour and size. I make sure to always try oysters on my travels and so far these are far and away the best. 2nd only to some in New Zealand. If you are unsure about these shell fish you can try these and be assured of the finest. I had decided to re-try this bar following a disappointing visit when some golfers at the bar were swearing constantly and the staff did little to address it, this now seems to have been sorted out and we had a most enjoyable evening. Good service friendly but not intrusive, reasonably priced and a nice atmosphere.
Just a note to the pastry chef - I didn't expect or enjoy the pastry on an apple crumble and there was just a mere morsel of custard make sure if you are going to ask for a separate jug if like me you like enough to moisten the pud.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal. Qc., Canada
“Good atmosphere, great decor and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our group of 8 golfers needed a good evening after laboring all afternoon at the golf course. We were well rewarded to choose Darby's . The place is busy and very convivial. A wide variety of selections were made from the menu and the general comments were extremely positive wheter it was lamb, fish and chowders. the sticky pudding won an overall prize for somethiong that you should never eat if you are on a diet. No hesitation to recommand.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Moate, Ireland
“Very picturesque setting, better than average pub grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My fiancee and I travelled to Darbys on the occasion of a birthday to sample the food as I had heard very good reports. The food did not disappoint, it was top quality. We shared the starter of chicken wings and then I ordered the burger whilst my fiancee had the scampi. Suffice to say that neither of us could finish the servings given to us, and that is a rarity for yours truly (and showing all the signs of it)!!
All in all a lovely meal, though I would probably have preferred smaller portions. I will go back, if nothing else to sample the dessert menu..
The view from our table was simply breathtaking with the Atlantic in front and the golf course to our right. To top it off, a walk along the beach helped to ease our full stomachs. All in all a memorable trip

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Olathe, Kansas
“Above the pro shop with great views and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

A really simple pleasure - a view of the ocean and golf course, plent of gourmet food or pub food at reasonable prices. The staff is friendly and attentive and you can eat inside or outside. Stopped in 4 days in a row before golf and after business meetings.

Visited June 2013