We stayed here as a group of 5 friends. We had heard good reports of the hotel and they were right. The staff were all so pleasant , friendly and helpful, especially Athena in the restaurant, Bruno at the pool and the lady chef. The hotel is in a good position for getting around the island by bus or hire car. We did both. The bus ride down to Pythagorion was just 1 euro each way , a taxi was 5 euros coming back and 7 euros with a call out charge going down. The hotel arranged our hire car which was prompt and efficient. They also recommended places to go and see, Millitino , a hill village being one of them, very unspoiled and lovely to wander round with a beautiful square in the middle with tavernas around. The museum at Samos town was excellent with English explanations . The museum of Paleontology at Millitini was also good but needed some English explanations to make our visit even better. The sandy beach nearby, Psilli Annos, is lovely and easy to drive to though there is a daily boat from Pythagorion which you can take, and the return trip is at 16.30. The temple of Hera is well worth going to .
The pool at the hotel was a great place to unwind at the end of a day out and the meals were excellent value. We would comme back again, if only to see all the staff!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the idyllic landscape of Pythagorean in Samos,Naftilos hotel is reflecting style, taste of the Aegean. With the philosophy of European standards, the facilities and service that are offered by our personnel correspond to all needs of our guests.Sunny rooms, airy, each one directed with view to the sea, beautiful verandas, hospitable spaces of recreation, gardens with the architecture and flowers of island, pal colors, sunlit swimming-pool, all given with the positive energy, grin and the warmth that distinguishes the people.Hotel Rooms: 35. Room Facilities: TV, Telephone, Air Conditioning, Balcony, Bathroom Amenities, Toilet, Bathroom, Bath or Shower, Hairdryer, Wake Up Service/Alarm Clock, Refrigerator Breakfast: Full English breakfast is included in the room rate. Hotel Facilities: Restaurant, Bar, Non-Smoking Rooms, Luggage Storrage, Air Condition, Outdoor Swimmingpool, Wireless internet is available in public area and free of charge,free parking is possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Naftilos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naftilos Hotel Pythagorion
- Hotel Naftilos Samos/Pythagorion