We stayed 14 days in August 2012 at Proteas.
It is a nice hotel, but not above average in this hotel class.
We had a room in the main building - the sea view was super and the balcony spacious with good/soft chairs and a nice glass table.
The bed was terrible - used, hard and uncomfortable.
The furniture and bathroom is not modern as the photos on the website makes you want to believe.
Unlike others I did not have problems with Wifi - maybe because we were in the main building.
The beach is nice - and even if we were the first on the beach most days we were never first to put towels down. Guests book the best beach beds very early in the morning.
Also people who do not stay at Proteas use this beach.
The pool area looked great - but I took only 2 swims in it, as brownish water came of my body after using it ??
About the hotel services:
Breakfast service was good - waiters were sweet and friendly.
The breakfast variety was ok but a bit dull after 14 days.
The cleaning of the hotel and rooms is super. Everything is clean.
The pool resturant: The waiters are not service minded, they don't smile and they generally don't look at their customers. The food is expensive compared to the quality - also cold drinks are expensive - e.g. euro 7 for a milkshake.
The Gym is bad - very small room, no air-flow and a poor airco.
Didn't use the SPA or other night resturants.
If you stay at this hotel and plan on walking to Pythagorion - then note that you can turn left at the Marina and take the pedestrian road to the city. It takes 40 mins to walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique environment to enjoy in magnificent scenery Laid back and experience stress free holidays. Proteas Blu Resort in a tranquility atmosphere shows character and inspires a sense of familiarity. After the warm welcome sense the friendliness of the people. Feel comfortable within "Proteas family" while taking part in numerous activities or by chilling and resting your mind. Accommodation facilities are wonderful and the food is superb. In PB you will have quality time...Actually the time will be all yours. Proteas Blu Resort is the most finest and luxurious beach front resort on the Island of Samos. Guest's accommodations looking to the sea are spread out on Mediterranean landscaped terraces situated on a naturally secluded bay having two private beaches. The unique architectural personality, the elegant accommodation and the tranquil setting offers majestic views of the blue marine seas surrounding the Aegean Islands and the Anatolian coasts. Together with the highly personalized and eminently friendly service satisfies the needs of the most distinguished traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, HostelWorld, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Proteas Blu Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Proteas Blu Hotel Pythagorion
- Hotel Proteas Bay
- Proteas Blu Resort Samos/Pythagorion