We stayed at the Doryssa Bay hotel in June 2013 for a week. It is like two hotels, one half of which is modeled on a Greek village with its square, little church, small shops and houses, each of which is a separate accommodation. The other half of the hotel is a typical block of rooms around the swimming pools. The village was lovely and quiet as opposed to the swimming pool area, which wasn't. We were in the village part which we liked very much. The swimming pool area and the entertainment was very child centric and not so good if you are a couple wanting a quiet drink around the pool, which was mainly occupied by parents and children. We only went in the pool once, and that was after it had officially closed at 18:00 and was nice and empty. The hotel backs onto the beach which is a mixture of stones and sand, not too good really. The sun loungers are 6 euros a day for two with a fixed umbrella. There is a lawn in between the hotel and the beach which is free to lie on, is more comfortable than the beach and has little trees dotted all over it for shade.
We thought that the breakfasts were very good. Most of the staff in the hotel were really friendly, especially the people who do the coffee with breakfast. The rooms were kept clean and tidy. The wi-fi was useless. In our room the signal was so weak that the Internet was unusable. In the main building it was better, but still impossible to use something like Skype. When we were there, most of the guests were from Scandinavian countries. There is only Euronews on the TV in English. There is a fridge and a safe in the room - well there was in our room.
The hotel sells 500ml Mythos beer for 4.90 euros. 500ml Aegean beer for 4 euros. The hotel shop sells 500ml Mythos for 1.80 euros. The supermarket in Pythagoria sells it for 1.28 euros. Say no more. Pythagoria is about 20 minutes easy walk. Plenty of restaurants and bars. The Pegasus restaurant on the road to Pythagoria was quite good. Car hire was from 35 euros a day with no excess.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doryssa Seaside Resort is situated in the southern part of Samos, next to the historical and most popular destination of Pythagorion. After a full renovation finished in 2006, combined with completely new upgraded services, it has become a 5 star destination. Lovely areas stylish and tasteful. Doryssa village constructions recreate a traditonal Samos village. Doryssa village and the main hotel structure are situated by the seaside! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Doryssa Seaside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doryssa Seaside Hotel Pythagorion
- Doryssa Seaside Pythagorion
- Doryssa Seaside Resort Samos/Pythagorion