“We love Poppy & Villa Manos!” 5 of 5 stars

Villa Manos
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karteradhos 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Karteradhos
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“We love Poppy & Villa Manos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A few friends and I stayed at Villa Manos during our 4 day trip in Greece. I came alone for the first night and my friends met me there the next day. Poppy made me feel so safe and comfortable at their beautiful and warm villa. The distance from the villa to the Fira was very manageable, as we were able to walk and drive our ATVs in. For such an amazing price, I highly recommend Villa Manos. Villa Manos holds a special place in our hearts! Thanks Poppy!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My friend and I backpacked through Europe for a month and ended it in Greece and Villa Manos a was the perfect place to end it. Although it wasn't walking distance to stores and restaurants there was a great pool that served delicious drinks and a bus stop just up the road. We decided to rent ATVs so it didn't matter to us how far away it was from anything. The family that owns it was super sweet and friendly, they picked us up from the boat dock and and drove us to the airport at 5:30 in the morning. Oh and the owner gave us a bottle of wine our last night to enjoy as a thank you for staying there.

Room Tip: Call or email them to let them know when your plane/boat arrives so they can pick you up free of cha...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed two nights in Villa Manos and had a nice and quiet stay. The price is really cheap during Autumn/Winter, so if you are traveling around those times of the year Villa Manos is your hotel. The room was nice and tidy and the staff were great (we even got a free bottle of wine from the owner!). They have a free transport shuttle from the port to the hotel, which is really comfortable.

From the hotel to Fira you have a 20/25 min walk, which is not too far, but be careful with the public buses: their timing is terrible and don't follow the schedule (this has nothing to do with the hotel but I think is noteworthy).

Will definitely come back!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've stayed at many hostels over the years but this one beats them all. Great value for money, great service by super friendly staff, views of the ocean from some of the balconies, a fun pool bar and close enough to walk to the centre of Fira town.

The warmth and generosity of the staff made the place, giving it a home away from home feel. Poppy would always have a smile on her face and go above and beyond to make everyone's stay enjoyable, and Vangelis is very friendly and fun too, and always offering a free drink and a chat - the best bar man in Santorini! I cannot recommend this place highly enough. In my opinion it has the best of everything. You'd be crazy to stay elsewhere in Santorini!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

I wasn't too impressed by Villa Manos.
Me and my partner found it very difficult to get to Villa manos from the ferry and when we got to the accommodation after 3 hours of docking their was no one to check us in at 2pm and when they did get back they then told us that we could have gotten a free shuttle which would have saved us 40 euro which was a bit of a bummer.
Also got a room with 3 single beds, it was a big room but we didn't need 3 beds would have preferred a double to be honest and the owner said we should be grateful that we got a 'upgrade".
I didn't really like the location there wasn't anything really close food wise it was about a 10 minute walk to the shops which isn't far but I found it quite scary walking there with the cars and scooters driving so fast and so crazy right next to you as there isn't actually a footpath for you to walk on.
Pool was nice though and cool music.
Found owners too full on and they guy was hard to understand and not very polite and the woman was the opposite very over the top verging on fake.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

It was the most lovely experience from the moment I was picked from the port to being given a free dinner and bottle of wine and transfer back to the harbour when I left.
When I arrived Poppy had already upgraded my room. It was a gorgeous room with a private balcony and a view of the ocean.
The staff were very hospitable and accommodating during my 5 days, including booking my activities and even ordering me dinner from restaurants.
When I travel I usually use hostels or couchsurfing due to budget but when I found this place and the prices I couldn't say no. Although I had doubts about how good it could be considering how much I paid. I expected there to be something wrong but there was literally not a thing I could fault. I am so glad I took the chance and pampered myself with this hotel.
Thanks so much to Poppy and the rest of the staff at Villa Manos for making my stay a memorable one!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Villa Manos really made my experience in Santorini! It is privately owned by an amazing Greek couple who are some of the warmest people I have met while traveling abroad. They are on top of vacationing convenience from picking you up at the ferry absolutely free to allowing bag storage depending on arrival time, to recommending and booking reservations for the best excursions and restaurants. I have never experienced a vacation so fun and carefree all thanks to the hard work of Poppy and Vangelis. I stayed for a week and definitely wasn't ready to leave. Very highly recommended!! Villa Manos is key to an amazing experience in Santorini!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Villa Manos? Share your experiences!