“Nice hotel but a bit far out” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Perle Resort Hotel & Spa Marine

Save Saved
You added Perle Resort Hotel & Spa Marine to your Saves list
Perle Resort Hotel & Spa Marine
5.0 of 5 Spa   |   Stavros Akrotiriou P.O. Box 268, Stavros, Crete 73100, Greece   |
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Stavros
Chania Town, Greece
“Nice hotel but a bit far out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with all the necessities but it is a bit far out. I gues this is an ideal setting if you want to get away from the crowd, relax and "meditate". A must is a car and visit the closeby beaches of Stavros, Marathi,Loutraki and Kalathas!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My apologies for the long review!

As with the review below - went all inclusive and found it very difficult to get drinks service - was very very slow and felt like I was a nuisance to staff the whole time, that I was inconveniencing them or interrupting them in some way. One of them in particular was down right rude and spoilt the atmosphere greatly from the very first night and subsequent nights afterwards. In addition to this all inclusive was stopped at 10pm, which we found very disappointing and frustrating.
Having said this, I did feel sorry for the staff as there was only one on at a time to serve many guests. Service would have been quicker with two.

At one point they ran out of the 'all inclusive allowed' vodka. This was not replaced for two days. No alternative offered.

Food was average/below average. Vegetarian options LIMITED.

The view from our room was beautiful - had both the sea and the mountains - the location for this hotel, although remote, is stunning and made for a very peaceful sleep.

However "music" is played around the pool/bar and restaurant at all hours which somewhat destroyed the peace. Mostly the same thing on repeat - I could tell you their playlist by heart. For example, 'Evanescence' is not really my choice for a 'spa luxury hotel'?! Other music skipped and jarred and screeched along.
You could move away from the music nearer to the sea and a different pool with three big slides in it... However this is right next to the sewage area!!!???!!!

Hotel is clean but not spotless. I felt a little upset by this. I always leave my room tidy so as to respect the cleaning staff - I don't really want to have to clean as well. There was a dead bug squashed on our shower wall on our arrival and, out of interest, I left it there... Bug was still there when we left a week later - I imagine it's still there now! Our balcony was never cleaned.

Bed very strange - comfortable enough but basically a thin mattress on 'camp bed' base with a semi broken leg. Still slept very well.

All electricity in your room will SWITCH OFF when you leave the room. I couldn't believe this. It makes charging items very difficult and means the fridge also switches off?! 2013 people have a lot of technological items with them - it doesn't seem a lot to ask. We carried our items with us all the time anyway because our safe didn't work.

I'm English and I know this next part is a bit picky - but I do love my tea/coffee in the morning. There are no facilities for this in the bedrooms. There is no coffee offered for after dinner - only tea. Coffee is only served in the morning. There is no ketchup offered with breakfast but it is offered for lunch and dinner. I know these are small things but I didn't feel comfortable asking (again, English of me!) and on the one occasion we did ask for coffee after our evening meal we were told to go to the bar downstairs as it was "easier for them". I have been in customer service for ten years and I felt disappointed and disillusioned and as if I had done something wrong!
Again I must note that I did feel for the staff and understand their hesitance as there was only one of them! And a few more of us! Understaffing at it's worst.

This is not a five star establishment. And not luxury. Some of the areas of the hotel are lovely but they just don't seem to be used. The less than lovely areas are used in full force.

The massage I ordered was perfection - I have never been taken care of in such a wonderful way. I implore you to get one if you stay here.

The reception staff were so kind and helpful - they were efficient, polite and friendly.

Be aware for females - if your period is due or has a tendency to change sporadically - be sure to have some sanitary products with you as there are NONE available at the hotel. The nearest place is an infrequent bus ride away (every four hours or so) and an hour and fifteen minutes walk back. I feel that a hotel in such a remote area that has a shop that doesn't stock sanitary products is a poor show.

We were lucky in that some 'important guests' showed up at the hotel towards the end of our stay and things started to improve somewhat. It was so obvious it was almost laughable. Food got better - a 'help yourself' beer and wine pump suddenly appeared in the restaurant, snacks turned up on the bar etc. I was not the only one to recognise this change.

I am all too aware as I write this that I sound potentially pretentious and fussy. I can only plead my case that I am neither and do not wish for the World. But I worked hard for this holiday and I found myself feeling rather despondent and as if no one really gave too much of a damn about my holiday experience - with the exception of the reception staff and the masseuse and one of the bar girls who worked her little socks off and was a pleasure to encounter - I was always pleased to see her.

I won't go on - this is a long review.

Hopefully this place will be improved in the future as it has an enormous amount of potential to be beautiful. Currently it is a bit shabby and unloved.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view - quieter and prettier.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

just returned from a short break to Perle roi in stavros most unusual staff trained to perfection in avoidance of serving any drinks from the bar to all inclusive guests especially demetra she had it of to an art form even making guest wait while she made herself a coffee & drunk it casually also arrived 1 am hotel booked twin but got double supposed to be full but had trouble finding guests on 1st day got the wrong room wouldn't move us until 2 nd day slept on a camp bed but then when 200 danish guests had there flights cancelled all 200 were accommodated & fed dinner & breakfast but unfortunatley when all inc guests came down for breakfast u guest it nothing left certainley not 5 star anywhere just a basic constant buffet with no variety dissapointed by trip really

Room Tip: mountain view worse than sea view all very noisy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Arrived for a two night stay early season and this place was unable to provide food as the restaurant was closed, also no bar for drinks - the pool was drained and the entire hotel was in a total state of disrepair. If this hotel was in the UK it would be condemned. Also it's in the middle of nowhere and cost €30 round trip to the nearest restaurant (which was fine). Even though we were there at the start of the season there is no way this could be considered 5 star unless they flattened it and built it again. Avoid avoid avoid, you will be gutted if you spent your money here!

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Arriving early May for two nights what promised to be a 5star secluded spa hotel turned out to be an almost unbelievable combination of shocking quality, potentially dangerous construction and absolutely zero facilities available. No breakfast no bar just a few workers trying to piece back together a tired hotel that is clearly just about surviving the economic issues in the area. Although set up with children in mind there is no immediate access to the sea, in fact judging by the construction of some communal areas they might just survive a week without injury.
I thumbs down with little chance of significant improvement I fear.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed there for five days....the hotel is very far from everything....it is not a five star hotel definitely...it has very spacious rooms and clean in general.The common areas were dirty and this was double checked unforunately!!....the food was good enough and the breakfast. The staff were very helpful and friendly although they ensured us about the transfer to the port that finally denied!!! Anyway there were nice swimming pools and a nice view to the sea!!But we would not come back there again!!!
p.s. A five star hotel provides an everyday change of sheets as far as Iknow from my trips all over the world!!! This seems to be a joke for this hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wallingford, OXON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed at the Perle Resort Hotel through work back in May. I must have stayed there just before the season began because we (4 of us) doubled the occupancy for the 4 days we were here! The hotel is located a fair way from Chania which ensures that it retains the secluded feel. It is located right on the coast. The view from my room was breathtaking. My room was large and airy, well maintained and perfect for couples. The only time i ate was in the morning and the breakfast was plentiful and of good quality. The whole hotel has a nice relaxed air about it. The staff were very attentive and provided a great service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Perle Resort Hotel & Spa Marine? Share your experiences!