1 forum post“ Villa Alexandra Stallis Crete ”
Jul 31, 2009 3:57 AM
We have been travelling to the Greek Islands for over 26 years. Crete has been our favourite place for over 6 years -- we have Greek friends in Stallis.
We went to the Villa Alex (7th July -14th july 09)with a party of ten people. Four of the party were aged between 18 - 21. It was my daughter's birthday present. The Alex seemed ideal as it was advertised as being ideal for families and couples. When we arrived the first impressions were good. Very clean, tidy pool area and lovely rooms, what more could you want.
Our opinion was to change during the evening when one of our party was warned to keep quiet. He was rightly warned and he apologised as it was 1am. He was threatened by Pavlos with a fine if he made a noise again, but the following evening there was a huge party of young people at the bar and along with Pavlos they partied until well after 2am. The noise was deafening.
There was just 3 families at the complex, the rest were single mixed sex groups. One group consisted of 36 girls. It was definately not family friendly.
Beware the lift scam! Yes, there is a scam in force to fine you if the lift button breaks. Whilst we were there it broke almost every day. One girl was fined €50 for damaging it, in fact I think it had always been broken.
The bar staff were pretty miserable especially the English girl who never smiled at all. We felt alienated being that we were older than most of the residents.
Our holiday rep was terrible and I have complained to Thomas Cook for their highly inaccurate account of the apartments featured in their brochure.
The road is extremely busy outside the apartments. They tell you to use the underpass, well you have to cross another dangerous road to get to it which rather defeats the object.
What can I say about these apartments, well maybe it was a one off but I wouldn't go there again if it were for free! Cleanliness wise it was second to none, friendliness it was not!
If you are going, don't let this put you off especially if you are young. Just beware of the fines. If you spend your money with Pavlos in the bar -- you're okay. If you go out and come back jolly you've had it and expect to pay €50.
Barbara Lowe And Party
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eurohotel Katrin Suites is located in Stalis, only 650 ft from the resort’s magnificent sandy beach and from the entertainment and shopping center.The complex consists of 32 renovated Suites, surrounded by well kept grounds and an outdoor pool. Each unit is simply furnished and features private balcony and bathroom.Eurohotel Katrin Suites is conveniently located only 65 ft from the nearest bus stop, this allowing easy access to the rest of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Eurohotel Katrin Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Alexandra Hotel Stalis
- Eurohotel Katrin Suites Crete/Stalis, Greece