“i'd definitely go back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eurohotel Katrin Suites

You added Eurohotel Katrin Suites to your Saves list
Eurohotel Katrin Suites
2.0 of 5 Villa   |   Irinis 147 | National Road, Stalis, Crete 70007, Greece   |
Ranked #19 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Stalis
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“i'd definitely go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

I stayed here in august 2007 and had fantastic time, the ages of our party were 16 20 18 32 20 52 77 47 and everyone enjoyed it.

Although the only staff we had any contact with were the cleaners and Pavros who runs the bar both were very friendly.

We found the hotel to be very clean and well looked after and is only about 8 years old. The people there ranged from young couples, people on honeymoon, to families with young and older children as well as groups.

Yes it is on the other side of a main road but we found it quite easy to get across.

We found that out of the 3 resorts hersonissos stalis and malia stalis was the best, hersonissos was mainly shops and malia was mainly bars and clubs, stalis had a good mix of the two. We found our favourite bar and went there most nights. It was an english run bar - barcode run by gemma, amanda and anthony, really nice people. Some of the bars we went to were backed onto the beach and you were able to sit on the beach with your drinks and relax listening to the waves on the shore.

Some nights we were still sat at the hotel bar at 2-3am but pavros always made sure we kept the noise down as he was aware that others were asleep. If the noise got too much then he would say so. On the nights we werent there we had no problems with any noise.

We had 3 rooms all had pool views on opposite sides and one was on the second floor with views of the sea.

The accommodation actually looke like it did in the brochure as well, only difference being the colours of sun umbrellas and furniture.

There was plenty to do we were there for 2 weeks, we went into malia and hersonissos. Eating out was very cheap, and there was a large selection of restaurants including english pubs such as the rose and crown. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone both in stalis and in the hotel, everyone we encountered was very friendly.

The beach was very nice as well.

We loved this place and would definitely go there again.

One person i forgot, not really a person but Nancy the dog, she was rescued by the hotel owners after being left outside when she was a puppy. She does roam freely around the hotel but please do not let this put you off she is very friendly little dog and favoured the room on the same floor as the bar right next to it as the girls in it had been there the previous year, she did not go into any of the other rooms.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — that the holiday ended
  • Stayed August 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Newcastle Upon Tyne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2007

I stayed at these apts last year and I loved them. Yes they are on a main road but as I booked in an agency I knew this before I travelled. The apartemnts are of a good standard for Greece, I used to live in Greece and I have stayed in much , much worse!

They are close to the beach and the bars and restaurnats in resort, as you are on the raod there is a bust stop outside if you fancy catching it!

I loved the Villa Alex and when I return to Crete I would def consider staying there again!

• Liked — Location & standards
  • Disliked — Nothing I didnt like!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
newcastle upon tyne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2007

Following recommendations from friends, travel agents and internet reviews, we were looking forward to a relaxing fun break to Stalis. Unfortunately this is not what we got!
As other reviews say, these apartments are on a main road which is very busy and theres no avoiding the noise, no matter where your room is. In terms of crossing the road, there is an underpass 300 metres away, but to be honest, its such a trek that its just easier to risk the road-not ideal if you have children!
Some of the rooms are on the ground floor with views of the sea but with noise from the road. Other rooms are on the first and second floor (first floor accessible by lift or stairs) which have pool views. The problem we found here though, was that as the rooms circle the pool and bar area, the noise is trapped here and echos throughout. We could literally hear converstaions being had around the pool and at the bar whilst in our room with the door and balcony shut! Usually this wouldnt bother me too much, however when you have to listen to drunks singing and arguing at 3am it get a bit much! Dont be fooled that you can request rooms and aviod this though, as this is exactly what we done on the recommendation of our travel agent, only to find out that none of these requests had be passed onto the owners and we were placed wherever they wanted!
I personally wouldnt agree that apartment staff were friendly, they would say hello, and the maid was always curtious, but to be honest you got a better welcome from their dog!
It didnt help that the resort was not for us, with Brit bars outnumbering the Greek by about 10. It felt like we had got lost and ended up in Blackpool a few degrees warmer than usual!
I'm happy to give more information to anyone who wants to email, but all I can really say, is that I have been going to various Greek islands including Crete for about 25 years and know what to expect from locals and resorts, and I definately wont be returning to Stalis and if by some chance I did, then I definately would not be going back to these apartments!!

• Liked — The owners friendly dog!
  • Disliked — The people, the noise, the atmosphere
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Eurohotel Katrin Suites? Share your experiences!