I booked these apartments as a result of positive reviews on trip advisor and I would certainly recommend them. Don't be put off by comments about the main road - it is quite busy but it is very easy to cross and if in any doubt there is an underpass close by.
The apartments are very clean and modern and the bathrooms are spacious. There is a supermarket next door which sells everything you will need. I really liked the fact that you do not have to get up early to hog a sunbed as there are enough for everyone and we never struggled to get an umbrella either so just turn up.
Getting to the hotel is easy. You can get the bus from the airport which is 3.5 euros each way and takes about 40 minutes. The bus stop is 200 m from the hotel. Or you can get a taxi which costs about 40 euros each way . I pre booked through Heraklion taxis and they were waiting for me at the airport and very reliable.
If you like walking or jogging then if you turn left outside the hotel l you can get to heronassis which is about 2 miles and malia to the right which is about the same distance.
The beach is literally 5 mins walk down the road and you can get sun bed s and umbrellas for 2 euros and this includes use of toilets and free wifi .
The wifi in the hotel is very intermittent even by the pool. The hotel will take your passports make sure you get them back the night before if you need to leave early in the morning as we needed to leave at 9am and no one was around to give them back.
The hotel is excellent value for money and I would stay there again if returning to Crete .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Apartments in Stalis Crete are a delightful, family-run holiday apartment complex with an inviting, friendly atmosphere. The Rainbow Apartments enjoy an enviable position near the sandy beach in seaside resort Stalis in Crete, Greece.At Rainbow Apartments tradition and innovation blend perfectly: 19 Standard and 22 Superior studios and apartments feature all modern amenities in a contemporary setting with timeless charm and impeccable service. The apartments offer splendid views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Bay of Stalis. Blessed with a mild climate year-round, Rainbow Apartments have a large outdoor swimming pool in stylish surroundings and with a mature, Meditteranean garden. Water sports and leisure opportunities are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rainbow Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Apartments Hotel Stalis
- Rainbow Apartments Stalís
- Rainbow Apartments Hotel Stalís
- Rainbow Apartments Crete/Stalis, Greece