Not much to add that hasn't already been said! The view from the apartments are wonderful and the location is spot on for those looking for a relaxing break but reasonably close to the tavernas and the beach in Stalis . Based on the comments on here we asked for a room at the top (got 404 - second from the top!) but to be honest, I think all the rooms on the steps had a great view. We had extraordinarily hot weather so the steps were tough going but not undoable and the road to and from Stalis isn't actually that bad - it takes approx 15 mins. To be honest, if it had been a few degrees cooler it would have been a pleasant walk. We will probably get a car next time to get around a bit more. There's a really relaxing, easy going vibe about the place - the rep, Ash, would come over on his day off! Maria and co were very friendly but not intrusive and I think that rubbed off on the guests; a great mix of old, young, families, couples, groups and singles but no one trying to get in your business which is a real pet hate of mine on package holidays. The maid service was superb, she worked so hard. Yes, there were some ants (it was HOT) but a single mention to Maria and it was sorted. We brought some ant stop from the UK and that was more than enough. We paid extra for a one bed apt and it was very spacious. The kitchen is sufficient for our needs and plenty of utensils. The bathroom was fine for 2 of us but I think it would have been a tad small for 3-4 people. My quite tall husband found the space between the toilet and shower a bit tight but nothing to grumble about. Air conditioning and safe deposit box costs were very reasonable and certainly cheaper than other places we've stayed in Greece. There is a flat screen TV in the rooms but the signal isn't great - sound fine but poor picture - but if you're planning on watching a lot of TV then I'd rethink your travel plans!!! The pool area was clean and got plenty of sun and a nice breeze all day - the pool is deep though. Lunch food was good - salads, etc and reasonably priced. We didn't eat there at night but several guests did every night and they were very complementary. Both barmen were really friendly and it didn't feel put on. We didn't spend a lot of time at the bar and both were as lovely to us as they were to those who stayed around the apartments a lot. There are plenty of nice places to eat in Stalis - we didn't have a bad meal the whole time we were there. We would recommend but I fear as more people hear about this place, the harder it will be to get such a good deal again!!
- Also Known As:
- Bella Vista Apartments Stalis Hotel
- Bella Vista Apartments Stalis Hotel Stalis
- Bella Vista Apartments Stalis Crete, Greece
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a lovely hillside just above Stalis, a resort of natural beauty, these apartments are situated 30 km east of the airport of Heraklion on the North-East coast of Crete. Built in a traditional Cretan style of bungalows, the apartments were fully-renovated in 2007. The apartments are constructed in terraces so that the roof of one apartment is the veranda of the other, with balconies at the front and back. They are all surrounded by beautiful gardens with trees and flowers. Attracting thousands of visitors every summer, this is a wonderful environment for relaxing in. Here, the family holiday atmosphere is combined with the exciting nightlife of the endless Greek summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Bella Vista Apartments Stalis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.