I cant really recommend Ideal enough, after 2 fantastic weeks in June we would love to return next year.
Very close to a clean and sandy beach, if you are prepared to walk a little further there are sun loungers offered free if you eat or have a single drink at the various restaurants. Now usually you' ll be paying 5 Euros a day for each lounger so this offer is great. We walked to the beach at around 11am and were still easily able to get the a spot right by the sea
There is a patisserie right opposite which is real trouble as you cant keep out of it and this from gymaholic people who watch their weight.
There are a variety of supermarkets, bars, car hire,restaurants and souvenir shops within a minutes walk.
Ideal is bang in the middle of the main stretch of Konini Hani, so perfect which ever direction you want to go.
The rooms are very big, very clean and very cheap. The rooms stay cool without air con even if the temperatures are high outside. Its basic self catering apartments, you have a kettle, plates, hob, pans etc.
The pool is great, small, clean and not too deep for those with children. There was always sun loungers free at any point in the day.
The family that own the hotel are great, they made us feel part of the family from day one and we felt sad to leave. George, Panagelis, Maria and all the staff never stop, they endeavour to make your stay enjoyable. We had problems when our card was swallowed by an ATM and they allowed us to use our other card with them instead of risking it with another card.
The bar staff- We made great friends in Wim, Rhian and their son Willem. They truly did make our holiday what it was and that is the best ever. They treated us so well whilst at work and met up with us later like true friends. I can not praise these folks enough. They work hard to make sure that the pool area is clean and will even make things not normally on the menu if they can. They are great, great people. Wim was probably fed up of beating me at chess though in the end lol. we have kept in contact with them and offered them our home to stay if they ever visit the UK, that is how highly we regard them.
We ate most nights at the Ideal, the quality, selection and price was great. yet again the staff endeavour to make your dining experience as good as possible. The home made food is delicious and some of the best Greek food we have ever eaten. The pizzas are awesome too!! Freshly made bread and Meze was our fav tho.
There are lots of sea front restaurants to further to the left of the Ideal and some of these are really good and watching the sunset over the sea whilst eating is a great experience. The fish restaurant owned and run by a greek family all year is amazing, the staff and owner are brilliant.
Lots of small sections of beach all very clean and great restaurants serving drinks on the beach, I would recommend walking a little further to the right as you get to the beach as the first is part of an all inclusive and not much food on offer.
All in all we had the best summer holiday we have ever had, we have been to 5* all inclusive hotels around the world and self catering as well but the Ideal bettered them all in service and price.
We very much hope to return in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal hotel apartments offers a range of 25 tastefully decorated self-catering accommodation from family rooms to apartments.All apartments have two bedrooms, kitchen, lounge ,bathroom, WC, air conditioning and balcony over looking the pool or gardens and are equipped to a high standard with all necessary appliances. Cleaned daily and fresh bedding and towels provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ideal Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ideal Apartments Hotel Kokkini Hani
- Ideal Apartments Crete/Kokkini Hani