“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Galatia Apartments
Vatheianos Kampos, Kokkini Hani, Crete 71500, Greece   |
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We got here for two nights in an unplanned trip to Crete because of change in flight plans from GB.
Found a very nice place, with very nice people and warm welcome.
If you are looking for luxury this is not the place and the shower, for example in our apartment does needs a fix, but for the price you pay you get enormous value.

The breakfast is wonderful for just 5 Eu, the pool is great, clean and enjoying, and everything we needed was given to us with no problems.

As for the cleaning, the policy they say is that they clean every two days so we didn't enjoy it and can't judge but can say that the apartment was clean and we'll organized when we got it.

You need to know that there is no soap or shampoo in the bath, and also no scotch to clean dishes so you should bring your on or buy in the supermarket.

We hope to visit again in an more organized way to see the beautiful island of Crete.

Thanks.

Arik.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
Athens, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at this room with my husband and my little daughter.
I read all the reviews and when I arrived at the hotel it seemed nice as we saw the pool area first.
The first disadvantage was that while I thought the room had a sitting room area and another room for bedroom, the room was only one. Well ok maybe that was my misunderstanding.
Our room faced the front street which made it quite noisy. But the worst was something else. The room as well as any other room in the hotel had no shutters! The curtains weren’t heavy enough and as a result next day all three of us woke up at about 6.30 am from the sunlight!
Next morning we asked if we could stay in another room. They were happy to help us and at noon they gave us another room much quieter. As for the problem with the sunlight the solution they offered us was to cover the windows with silver foil!! And they did. And truly, it saved our vacations. Later as we walked around the hotel we noticed other rooms with the same “solution”! Now please judge for yourselves..
Now that we solved the two first problems some other occurred which remained unsolved.. The mattresses were so used that every day we woke up aching all over.
The bathroom was spacious but the shower was so small that my husband who is 1.85 high and 80 Kilos really didn’t fit in there to take a shower..
Another thing was that they NEVER came in the room to clean up and we stayed there for 5 nights.. I mean nobody set foot in the room for all these days!!
After about three days I saw a lady walking around with some towels and toilet paper so I asked her to change our towels and provide us with some toilet paper which was over from the previous night..
She went in the room and left new towels on the beds, not taking the old ones, which stayed with us until we departed…
As for the pool area it was really nice, the water was clean but the sunbeds could use some cleaning..
Of course I would never go back to the place and I suggest everyone should stay somewhere else in the area, there are plenty of choices..

Room Tip: ask for a room in the side they are quiter
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Schiphol, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

In my opinion this complex is one of the best in kokkini hani. friendly staff. Clean and spacious rooms. Love the pool verry much. I will return back next year to this marvelous complex. This location is perfect to rent a car and discover wonderfull crete.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Scarborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at The Galatia Apartments for 3 nights in August, the staff were very helpful & friendly.
The room was very big with kitchenette area with a large balcony overlooking the Knossos Beach Hotel & the sea. The Galatia has alovely pool area a beach is just across the road, with a larger beach a ten to 15 minute stroll away. The bars, tavernas & supermarkets are a short walkaway. The airport was 1.80 Euro's on the bus.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The First thing that you see when you go in, is the pool area. It's very nice presentation of Galatia. I like too much the decoration and the atmospher in that place. the appartment is big, nice and clean. I passed two days one night and I liked so much.. I think is very good for people who like to relax and enjoy the stay in Greece..VERY GREAT PLACE TO STAY !!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Galatia Apartments? Share your experiences!