“Good Value and good skiing.” 4 of 5 stars

L'Ancolie
Immeuble Boussolenc, 05200 Les Orres, France   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Les Orres B&B and Inns
Wiltshire
“Good Value and good skiing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights between Christmas and New Year as a group of 16.
Unfortunately our first impressions weren't great, we were told that we couldn't access our rooms until 4pm. The manager wasn't flexible in the slightest despite a pregnant wife, child under 2 and booking 7 rooms.
However, apart from that our stay was most enjoyable. The hotel was 20m from the slopes and the rooms were very clean with enough storage space for all your ski gear.
We booked in for dinner bed and breakfast and the meals were more than adequate. Breakfast was a typical continental buffet affair with ample choice of fresh baguette, croissant, cheeses, cereals, fruit and yogurt.
There was no choice at dinner unless you didn't like the main course. The vegetables may have been a little over cooked but after a day's skiing dinner was a very welcome meal.
Overall we all enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to our friends for a good value hotel in a prime location.

• Stayed December 2012

Solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a week as part of a group and I cans say without fail that it was one of the worst hotels I've stayed in. The food, from breakfast of cut up baguette and nasty jam, to lunch of diced vegetables and overcooked meat to dinners of more diced vegetables (usually in mayonnaise) and more over cooked meat, was attrocious, with us staying fully accomodated, being provided with 3 meals a day although we ended up going out for lunch every day on the mountain and for dinner locally. The manager left a very bad impression, from the reception not being open, to actively grabbing me by the arm and dragging me from the hotel on our last night in the hotel after one complaint about noise at 10.10pm and me having gone back into the room and told everyone to be quiet. There are 4 other members of staff, 2 are very nice, attentive and welcoming but the other 2, (i think one of them is the managers son) are rude obnoxious and awful at cleaning and serving, after having hurt myself skiing, then proceeding to kick my leg, 3 times over one dinner, with them knowing that leg was an issue. I will no be staying there again and will do my best to make sure noone I know does either.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to L'Ancolie? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about L'Ancolie

Address: Immeuble Boussolenc, 05200 Les Orres, France
Location: France > Provence > Hautes-Alpes > Les Orres
Bar / Lounge Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service
Ranked #2 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Les Orres
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your L'Ancolie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage L'Ancolie, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.