We chose this hotel as we stayed here last year and found it an ideal location (for us), with the outdoor, heated swimming pool providing a welcome opportunity for a refreshing dip at the end of a day sightseeing. This year we found a deal that included ferry crossings from Portsmouth to Caen and return (with cabins), two rooms at the hotel and breakfast for our five night stay, which was booked through Brittany Ferries - who provided an excellent service throughout.
We received a warm welcome on our arrival at the Hotel and when our somewhat limited French faltered, the receptionist seamlessly switched to English. Throughout our stay we found all of the staff to be polite, friendly and helpful. We thought our rooms were fine overall, though a little tired, the twin having a bath/ shower combination and the double a jacuzzi/ shower combination. Both rooms had separate toilets. There was a flat screen TV, coffee making facilities and a mini-bar (pay) provided in each room. We found the rooms quiet and the beds comfy (we prefer firm beds), which meant we enjoyed undisturbed sleeps throughout our stay. On the minus side, only the double room had air-conditioning and the ‘views’ from the rooms (which were on the ground floor) were limited to the car park and immediate environs, however we had not travelled here to sit in our rooms.
The first floor breakfast room provided views across the golf course to the distant sea and caught the warming early morning sun. We thought the buffet style breakfasts were fine, with a choice of continental or cooked fare, savoury/ sweet breads and hot/ cold drinks. We did not eat at the hotel in the evenings, preferring to use the nearby restaurants instead.
Free Wi-Fi was available in the reception area/ breakfast room, which we found to be very handy for keeping in touch with emails and general web browsing (although larger downloads/ some web services did require a fee). We found connection to be simple with our iPads (detected the Wi-Fi, chose the 'free' option, filled in our details and we were 'on').
Once again the hotel and the nearby Port-en-Bessin-Huppain provided the ideal base for our holiday in Normandy and if we return to the area we will consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Mercure Omaha Beach Your wellbeing is our priority. The building is located at the foot of the Omaha Beach Golf course in order to preserve the natural beauty of this exceptional site with stunning views. There is no need to be golfer to appreciate the calm surroundings, with the sea waiting to be discovered close-by. You won't be able to resist the charm of the touristic town Port-En-Bessin, which is a 15 minute walk from the hotel. Also close-by are Bayeux and the American war cemetery. If you are in search of tranquility, you will be able to find it in our relaxation areas, such as the sauna and steam room. There is a lounge bar where you will be able to enjoy a game of pool or a session in the gym ... In fine weather, you can enjoy the heated outdoor pool, and let the children play in the paddling pool. The adepts of relaxation will be seduced by the many wellbeing spa treatments. A business area is available and free Wi-Fi covers the whole building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Hotel Omaha Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Bayeux Omaha Beach
- Bayeux Omaha Beach Mercure
- Mercure Hotel Omaha Beach France/Normandy