We booked as part of a Brittany Ferries package.
We had a balcony overlooking the pool, which was fine except for the noise of guests' suitcases being dragged below us early in the morning. Another similar gripe is door slamming.
Actually the pool was great. Might need to repair some of the mosaic tiles!
The room was as expected for a chain hotel: it would be great for a business trip. I think some earlier reviewers expecting more from a 4 star have unreasonable expectations. The paper cups are cheap.
There was some mustiness: I think the bath needs to be re-silicone sealed as water is seeping into the bedroom.
I thought the restaurant was disappointing, so used it once only. I wrote a separate review for that. On reflection, the lack of reviews for the restaurant may be indicative of complacency. Maybe golfers (there were lots) are willing to accept that.
Like the previous reviewer, I concur the blond waitress needs to be put on a performance improvement course: she didn't put through our dinner order and left my daughter very hungry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel offers 70 rooms and is located on a 27-hole golf course overlooking the sea. Near to the D-Day beaches. The hotel Mercure Omaha Beach will make your stay unforgettable. Rooms for disabled guests. 2 restaurants/bars. 5 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Mercure Hotel Omaha Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Bayeux Omaha Beach
- Bayeux Omaha Beach Mercure
- Mercure Hotel Omaha Beach France/Normandy