Its a bit out of the way but very convenient for American D-Day memorials. The purpose of our trip was to visit these, also Juno Beach where my father landed. In this respect, the choice of hotel was not the best because Juno is quite a complicated and surprisingly long drive from this location. However, the Omaha memorial and cemetry is something everyone should see. No wonder there were so many American Veterans in the hotel, proudly discussing their experiences.
As for the hotel itself, I could only give it average, although under different circumstances, this would be a good place to stay. The main thing that spoilt it for us was the disparity in the two rooms I booked. Room 214 is a reasonable sized room next to a service room. It has airconditioning and a view of the pool through a small window. Everything was clean and we were quite satisfied apart from the shower that flooded the floor every time. The other room 221
was one of the smallest rooms I have ever seen a double bed in. It has no view and no airconditioning. Both rooms were charged at the same rate so we asked for a different room. Unfortunately, as the hotel was full this was not possible but we were not offered a discount.
Although we were not satisfied on this occasion I am sure that it is possible to have a very good, relaxing stay here dependent on your luck with room allocation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Mercure Omaha Beach Your wellbeing is our priority. The building is located at the foot of the Omaha Beach Golf course in order to preserve the natural beauty of this exceptional site with stunning views. There is no need to be golfer to appreciate the calm surroundings, with the sea waiting to be discovered close-by. You won't be able to resist the charm of the touristic town Port-En-Bessin, which is a 15 minute walk from the hotel. Also close-by are Bayeux and the American war cemetery. If you are in search of tranquility, you will be able to find it in our relaxation areas, such as the sauna and steam room. There is a lounge bar where you will be able to enjoy a game of pool or a session in the gym ... In fine weather, you can enjoy the heated outdoor pool, and let the children play in the paddling pool. The adepts of relaxation will be seduced by the many wellbeing spa treatments. A business area is available and free Wi-Fi covers the whole building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, EasyToBook, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Hotel Omaha Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Bayeux Omaha Beach
- Bayeux Omaha Beach Mercure
- Mercure Hotel Omaha Beach France/Normandy