My brother and I recently spent 5 days traveling around the Normandy D-Day sites. We needed a centrally located place to stay and our travel agent made arrangements with La Cheneviere. We couldn't have been more pleased with the choice, as the location, amenities, and staff far exceeded our expectations. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like kings. I can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff. In particular, we made terrific new friends in Vincent, their expert sommelier, as well as Nikola and Elise (my apologies, I may have her name wrong?), two very talented and attentive maître d's. The food was outstanding every single night, and Vincent was extremely helpful around wine and champagne selections.
The bottom line is that they made us feel "at home" in every way, even tolerating our typically American lack of knowledge of French (they ALL spoke English well). It was the trip of a lifetime for two reasons - the education and understanding we gained regarding the courage and sacrifice of our American, British, Canadian, and French forces - and the incredible welcoming spirit we enjoyed at La Cheneviere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set close to Omaha Beach and the historic town of Bayeux, Port en Bessin conceals a treasure that lies at the end of a long drive " Chateau La Cheneviere ". Impeccable lawns, ancient trees and a charmingly old fashioned rose garden... arriving on the estate is like strolling onto the lands of an English Lord who fell under the spell of Calvados region. The manor appears at last, a dignified Norman edifice from the 18th century, it combines the charms of an old house with the conveniences of a cosy English Manor. Add to that an opulent interior, spacious, elegant bedrooms. The dining room, overlooking the park, has a certain grandeur on an intimate scale, while classic cuisine allows you to explore all the distinctive flavours of Normandy, a generous and distinguished cuisine based on delicious local produce, faultless service, a heated outdoor pool, a splendid terrace, and the picture is complete... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Chateau La Cheneviere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau La Cheneviere Hotel Port-En-Bessin-Huppain
- Chateau La Cheneviere France/Normandy