“Nice hotel, terrible owner” 1 of 5 stars

Levolle Marine Hotel et Residence
Poggio Mezzana Plage, 20230 Poggio-Mezzana, Corsica, France   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Poggio-Mezzana
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
“Nice hotel, terrible owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We arrived at hotel Levolle Marine on the 21th of May. The hotel looked nice and the receipt was friendly. They even offered us a bigger room and we didn't have to pay extra. Everything looked nice. But then we had breakfast the next morning. We were the ony couple in the breakfast room. There was a radio in the breakfast room. The girl who served our breakfast suddenly turned on the radio very loud. I thought it was a mistake. When I brought the newspaper back to the lounge next to the breakfast room, I turned the radio a little down. In the lounge there were a few people from the hotel. A man, who turned out to be the hotel owner, started to shout at me. How I dared to touch the radio, that people who don't like music are stupid, that people who don't like music don't have any passion, and other nonsense. It struck me. I didn't say anything and just went back to the breakfast room. Then the owner turned on the radio very loud again. It was very unpleasant for us. We had to leave the breakfast room. By putting my hands on my ears I made clear that we left the room because of the loud music. Then the owner exploded. He was very aggressive. He came to me an shouted in my face that we dirty dutch people might have the money, but that this didn't mean that we had anything to say in his hotel. I dared to reply that we were the tourists in his hotel. But he was even more aggressive. He hit his fists on his chest and shouted that HE was the tourist in his hotel (?), that HE was the boss, that HE decided what was on the radio, and that I might be tall, but that he was not afraid of me, and other terrible things.

My wife was very upset. We left the hotel immediately. We went back to our first hotel on Corse, where we had a warm welcome again. Corse is a fantastic island and the corsican people are very nice, but there are exceptions. Hotel Levolle Marine is a nice hotel, but unfortenattely the owner is a terrible man. He has the wrong profession.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Located about 1/2 hour south of Bastia's airport and directly on a beautiful private sandy beach is this gem of a hotel where we stayed for four nights. We stayed in chamber 11, which was a suite, with a large terrace and a stunning view of the Tyrreanean Sea, which was less than 50 meters away.

While the staff of the hotel does not speak much English, they are extremely accomodating and friendly. With our "franglais" we were able both be understood and to understand their explanantions.

While the hotel seems to operate a restaurant in season, the breakfast area and bar were only opened while we were there. However, the hotel does serve light snacks and sandwiches.

The room we stayed in was a very nice size with air conditioning, shutters and refriegerator. Please note that we have not found a French or European hotel with screens so you can find some mosquitos at times in the room. Insect repellant is helpful.

The hotel is very tastefully furnished with many antique decorations.They provide chaise lounges and umbrellas for the beach (but not chairs which I would prefer.) There are chairs at a very attractive pool, but we preferred the beach with if soft sand and lovely view.

I would highly recommend this facility and hope to return soon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

On arrival we had a friendly greeting and informed of things to do in the hotel and surrounding area.

The bedrooms were spacious, comfortable and very clean.

The public areas were very clean and well maintained throughout and stocked with plenty of good quality stylish furniture to relax in and around the bar and lots of sunloungers around the pool.

The staff are all very friendly with attention to detail. Nothing was too much trouble, always willing to help.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Swansea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

My wife and I have just spent a week at Levolle Marine and found it to be a charming, peaceful hotel with friendly staff in a lovely beach side location. We stayed in a suite which overlooked the sea and were greeted by bright sunrises every morning and fell asleep to the sound of waves lapping the shore every night.
The room was extremely clean with daily maid service, air conditioning and electric roller blinds on 2 of the 3 windows (the 3rd set were manually operated, presumably to comply with fire regulations).
The breakfast was a full French breakfast - 3 small pastries, a piece of French bread, jam, cheese, boiled egg, yogurt, tinned fruit, orange juice and coffee/tea. It was served on the terrace overlooking the sea so made an ideal start to the day.
The pool was clean and we had it to ourselves as no-one else seemed to use it but this was probably due to the grand vacances being over and most tourists back at work or school.
There was no evening meal which was presumably due to too few guests being there but we had a hire car and the nearby Moriani Plage had more than enough good restaurants.
The beach was quiet with safe bathing.
The staff in common with most people on the island spoke little or no English so it`s best to brush up on your school French before you go.
If you want a break that`s different to usual Costas etc then I would recommend Corsica and this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Levolle Marine Hotel et Residence? Share your experiences!