“Perfect holiday from start to finish” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 attractions in Omis
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Day trips provider since 1989, pioneers in activity travel in Croatia.
Oxford
“Perfect holiday from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I can't recommend this enough. Right from the first email I sent the company, I was excellent hands and received a reply within minutes. This was the first time I have travelled alone and was a little apprehensive but needn't have worried. From being picked up at the beginning of the holiday to being dropped off at the airport at the end I was looked after extremely well.

I was taken straight to my appartment, which was very spacious and clean, with bathroom, living and kitchen area, double room and balcony. I could eat breakfast and dinner for free at a very nice restaurant just next door overlooking the river- and I am a very fussy eater but managed to find plently on the menu. Omis town was a very pleasant five minute stroll away with lots of shops, stalls and restaurants, and the beach was maybe another five minutes. Omis is a very beautiful town and the sea is perfect for swimming in.

We were presented with a choice of activities each day and the guide was keen to listen to our preferences and find the best activities or excursions to suit. I chose to do zip-lining over the canyon, kayaking, an excursion to the national park and boat trip. I was in very safe hands at all times. The instructors were very friendly and helpful. Our guide met up with us at the beginning and end of each activity to make sure that we were happy with everything, and he really couldn't do enough for you. There is something for every activity level, and not all trips are full day so there is plenty of time to relax too.

Visited July 2013

Tromsø, Troms, Norway
“Active, great and relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

A weekend in Omis Croatia in the skilled hands of Active holidays, was the perfect summer holiday for our family of 4 including 2 treenage boys who wanted a bit of challenge and adventure. The combination of a flexible itineary according to mood and weather, but still everything arranged by Active holidays gave us a lot of adventure in a short time. The atmosphere in Omis is just perfect for relaxation after a day of canyoning, zip-line, rafting, kayaking........we have now been over, on and in the Cetina river several times. It is hard to think of what Kristian of Active holidays would NOT do to make your stay a success.

Visited July 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“10 day Medium Level Adventure Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I cannot recommend Active Holidays enough, all my friends and family are tired of hearing about my AMAZING holiday. It was simply the easiest holiday to book, and once we arrived everything was organised for us. Far from being a strictly timetabled holiday, everything was flexible depending on what took our fancy. We stayed in a great apartment overlooking the stunning bay, just 5 minutes easy walking to the nearest beach. The people of Omis are very friendly, and all of our guides were extremely professional and experts in their field. All in all a brilliant holiday with no ifs or buts - just perfect! I would recommend going in mid to late June if possible, as it wasn't too hot/busy, but we still had good weather and a great atmosphere. Special thanks to Kristian for being an excellent contact - the best of men!

Visited June 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“An Excellent Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was a really excellent holiday that me and a friend had in Croatia. We went out for 10 days and used Active Holidays, who coordinated everything for us, all we had to do was get to Croatia and then they did the rest- airport collection, half-board accomodation, 9 days of activites and a rest day, everything. It meant that we got a completely worry-free, exciting holiday with a variety of activities, but still plenty of relaxation time.
A must for the activities I would say are the Canyoning trip, Wind-surfing (with an ex-Olympic and world record holding coach) and Zip-lining (which offers excellent views of the canyon and a good adrenaline rush too).
Although we were 2 people in our early 20s this would be an excellent holiday for families with teenage children too.

Visited June 2013
Minehead, United Kingdom
“Excellent Croatia Activity Holiday - very well looked after!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We did this as a mother/daughter trip - we wanted something more interesting than a standard beach or city break. This surpassed our expectations. The airport pickup was prompt & courteous : Kristian drove us to our lovely apartment, which was clean and convenient, overlooking the water. He had arranged activities for us each day ; we really enjoyed the canyoning, rafting, kayaking and canoeing - the river gorge was spectacular, and excellent for adventure sports. The holiday was practically all inclusive - we just had to sort out lunch /drinks ourselves - and excellent value. Kristian checked in with us on a daily basis - he was attentive without being intrusive - and fine tuned the programme to take account of the weather, and what we preferred doing. He was also very flexible about our half board arrangements, sorting out a lovely local restaurant with a varied local menu and excellent beer! He even took the trouble to personally drive us to Plitvice Lakes for the day, and show us round this beautiful national park.
Omis itself was a very pretty seaside town - not too busy in early September, when we visited, with a good local market, and very easy access to all the activities usually by minibus or car.
I was really impressed, both with the amazing hospitality and friendliness, and the range of adventure sports available very close to Omis - I am sure we will be back, perhaps for cycling or sailing next time.

Visited September 2012