This was my third time visiting Costa Rica in a year and my third time in Monteverde. My first choice of lodges was the Monteverde Rustic Lodge, since I had a lovely stay there last November, but they were sold out during my visit, which was not surprising. Upon my return to Monteverde, I dropped in to say “hi” to Jose and also met Ernesto, the newest staff member at the Lodge. Both gentlemen were welcoming and friendly, and as eager to assist me with planning activities as if I were staying there.
Since I came by around breakfast time, Jose even offered me breakfast which was as delicious as I remembered from my previous stay back in November. I also used their computer and took shelter from the persistent rain, which included good conversation and a warm cup of tea.
Therefore, even though I was not a guest this time at the lodge, I still recommend them highly for the people that run it and their genuine care and concern that you enjoy their hometown and everything it has to offer, whether you are a guest there or not. It was so nice to actually feel like I did have friends and a “home” here if I happen to return again, especially as a woman travelling alone. Not everyone can say they have a home in Monteverde!
Jose also hooked me up with Erick Hidalgo, email@example.com, who picked me up at the San Jose airport for the 3 hour ride to the airport. He was so fun to talk to, we stopped at a local fruit stand and even for lunch to break up the time. I would definitely recommend Erick for any independent touring you need. It is the warmth of the Costa Rican people, their delicious food, and beautiful landscapes, plus the exhilarating ziplining, that keep me coming back for more….however, I don’t think I can ever get used to the torrential rain! I must try the dryer season next time….
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monteverde Rustic Lodge is a small family run hotel in the heart of Santa Elena Monteverde. Our lodge is recommended for solo travelers, couples, nature lovers and families. Our mission is to make sure that every single guest we have has a great individual experience and that each of you will go home with wonderful memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Monteverde Rustic Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Rustic Hotel Santa Elena
- Monteverde Rustic Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena