“Wonderful place and owners” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monteverde Rustic Lodge

You added Monteverde Rustic Lodge to your Saves list
Monteverde Rustic Lodge
800 mts north from Santa Elena | Santa Elena Monteverde, Santa Elena 50309, Costa Rica   |
Holliston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful place and owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the Monteverde Rustic Lodge with my son while on vacation. We loved the location--just up the hill from Santa Elena village and situated among Costa Rican homes (with just one other small hotel next door), and a delicious Costa Rican restaurant just a 5-minute walk away. Jose is a fabulous host. Ask for the homemade pineapple-papaya marmalade! The lodge is quiet and comfortable yet within walking distance of Santa Elena. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Costa Rica.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

My wife and I arrived and were greeted by very friendly staff. (Archie), she actually greeted my wife by first name. We new this was going to be a great experience.

They offered us a wonderful coffee and offer they're help with information of the area. You definitely have to to the night walk( great recommendation Archie and Jose) and go to the Tico restaurant at the bottom of the hill. They have access to two computer in the lobby which was great!

Our cabin was in the very back and was very beautiful(kinda gave the feel of our Canadian cottage). The wood doors are made in beautiful Rose wood. The cabins were always very clean.

The breakfast in the morning was great! Very attentive to you.

Our only negative is we didn't stay longer ;-(

Thank you Jose for everything. We are looking forward to returning next year!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

This lodge makes you feel real home with all luxury and specially the people who attend you. II was there with my girlfriend and we enjoy every moment! We didn't find anything that was below excellent. We wil sure return again.
Efe Wernet (Holland) and Nineth Mendez Aguilar (Heredia)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Anacortes, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I only have positive things to say about Rustic Lodge. Jose, as everyone says, is so extremely nice, it is almost comical. As soon as we pulled in, he rushed us next door to look at a sloth in a tree. That was a great way to start our visit. The room had everything we needed, was comfortable, and other than the wind, it was very quiet. Everything felt secure.

The breakfast was excellent, and they kept encouraging us to have more. Jose took a lot of time to go over the map with us, and offer recommendations on restaurants and tours. I wish we could have stayed longer!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

We found this to be a very comfortable motel for our two nights in Monteverde. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are simple & clean. A little more storage space for clothing and belongings would have been helpful, but otherwise we were very content. The woodwork and furniture were interesting and beautiful. A great value with friendly service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Germantown, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed here with my parents and we found the hotel to be great. The breakfast featured eggs, fruit and toast. And of course great coffee. The rooms (and the entire place) were immaculate, but I most appreciated the wonderful hosts and staff. They were helpful, kind, patient, gracious and in all ways professional.

Place is located up a bumpy road- a block from the soccer field.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I recently stayed at the Monteverde Rustic Lodge for one night while traveling solo across Costa Rica. I'm so glad I stayed there for some of the following reasons:

1. The rooms were clean, spacious, and I *loved* the wood decor. I found my bed really comfortable (in fact, it was so comfortable, I slept through a 5.8-mag. earthquake!!)

2. The exterior of the Lodge is impeccably beautiful-- the owners have taken great pride in making the patios comfortable places to relax.

3. The staff is wonderful. As others have commented, Jose was excellent in providing sound advice based on my preferences (e.g., I wanted to do something less tourist-y, and his suggestion for a hike to San Luis waterfall was one of the best recommendations I've received on any trip).

4. The hot breakfast was delicious and the coffee was great.

5. Location of the Lodge is excellent; granted I had a vehicle with me, but even without a car, the Lodge is close to restaurants and other services without any noise.

I will definitely be going back to the Monteverde Rustic Lodge, and I highly recommend others stay there as well. Not only did I have a wonderful time, but the value is superior.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Monteverde Rustic Lodge? Share your experiences!