I came here at night in heavy rain, planned to stay two nights, stayed one week. Great friendly hostel, beautiful rooms, super pleasant beds, the best free breakfast in Costa Rica. Owner David speaks perfect English, is friendly and helpful in everything and does not "sell" you anything, although he offers the standard local attractions with discount.
And ... the best thing is the building. The first floor, where the dorm and most rooms are, is made from wood, which makes it extremely pleasant. The rooms have good daily light thanks to the fact that the roof is made from transparent plastic, so although you don't see the stars through it at night, it gives you daylight during the day. The shower is amazing - the floor in the bath is made from stone. When you stand on it and shower with hot water after trekking all day in the cloud forest, the stone is perfect! There are some moths flying through the corridor, which is not irritating and it gives you even more the feeling of staying somewhere in the nature. This morning, there was a giant grasshopper walking on the bookcase, Amazing! And it was the cheapest hostel during my journey through Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Tranquilo is a rustic tico-style house turned into a relaxed hostel outside the village of Santa Elena in Monteverde, Costa Rica.here you'll find Free Breakfast, Free Internet & Wifi. Kitchen and parking area are also available... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Casa Tranquilo Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tranquilo Hotel Santa Elena
- Casa Tranquilo Hostel Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena