Casa Tranquilo was my favorite lodging in Costa Rica, and we ended up staying longer than we planned to. The owner is very helpful - his English is good and he will share everything he knows about the area. The room we stayed in was rustic and cozy, and the shared bathroom was not bad, though toilet paper ran out often. In the kitchen there is a board with tours that you can book from the hostel for a discount. This was very helpful and allowed travelers to be independent and pick activities a la carte. The only negative I can think of is that most rooms face the street and when people drive by without mufflers or dogs get in fights (both happen often) it is so loud! Other than that, you make your own breakfast in the morning with ingredients laid out, and the supermarket is so close! You can save money if you choose to cook. It is the best value for your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Tranquilo is a rustic tico-style house turned into a relaxed hostel outside the village of Santa Elena in Monteverde, Costa Rica.here you'll find Free Breakfast, Free Internet & Wifi. Kitchen and parking area are also available... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Casa Tranquilo Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tranquilo Hotel Santa Elena
- Casa Tranquilo Hostel Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena