Stayed at the Casa Tranquilo on a backpacking trip to Costa Rica in december 2012 with a friend. The staff is super friendly and helpful and they speak english. Rooms are very clean for this type of establishment, and they have some rooms with private bathroom for really low prices. Ask for their free tours of Monteverde : one of the staff members will show you around. They know the area and will take you to places you would never find if you just wandered by yourself, and it will only cost you whatever tip you decide to leave at the end of the day. There is also a communal kitchen so you can cook your own meals for cheap (supermarket is less than 5 minutes away on foot). It's not far from the Monteverde "commercial" area with all the restaurants and shops. All in all, a very positive experience and quite probably the nicest hostel I've seen during my stay in Costa Rica.
5/5, I will visit again if I ever return to Monteverde.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tranquilo Hotel Santa Elena
- Casa Tranquilo Hotel
- Casa Tranquilo Hostel Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Tranquilo is a rustic tico-style house turned into a relaxed hostel outside the village of Santa Elena in Monteverde, Costa Rica.here you'll find Free Breakfast, Free Internet & Wifi. Kitchen and parking area are also available... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Casa Tranquilo Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.