Stayed two nights with a group aged 18-23 having been recommended it by another friend.
Extremely friendly and helpful staff who sorted everything for us no problem.
Great breakfast served in a new separate canteen area. Unlike other hostels where 'free breakfast' means you can help yourself to some skanky cereal, a slice of buttered cardboard and the dregs of some fruit juice, here the breakfast is served to you like in a restaurant and consists of fruit, egg, toast, banana bread and coffee. It was great!
Five minutes walking distance of the only pub in town 'Amigos' and supermarket.
Transport to activities picks you up from hostel and all can be arranged through reception. Never felt pressured into spending money on activities though which is always refreshing.
$8 a night for private room and breakfast was amazing!
Like other reviews say, the walls were quite thin but in my opinion you can't have it all and at the end of the day this is a hostel in Costa Rica not a 5 star hotel.
Overall highly recommended
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Tranquilo is a rustic tico-style house turned into a relaxed hostel outside the village of Santa Elena in Monteverde, Costa Rica.here you'll find Free Breakfast, Free Internet & Wifi. Kitchen and parking area are also available... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Casa Tranquilo Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tranquilo Hotel Santa Elena
- Casa Tranquilo Hostel Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena